1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zooma-Zoomies Just Shake Ya Rump: **OFFICIAL** OU v. AFA Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by soonerboy_odanorth, Sep 16, 2010.

1. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

So we eeked one out a bit with the Jim Bob’s crew. That still leaves plenty of games where we have to guess which are going to produce the 3, 4, or 5 losses we are going to see this year with this underraged group.

We were supremely fortunate in this last week’s turnout… them keeping pace with us on the 17 points until we broke into the open. I’m pretty sure that Christian’s blurred vision that I heard about on post-Gameday had as much to do with it as anything.

Beyond that I seriously believe we need to look at the other QB’s on the roster. Landry was completely off on his throws regardless of the completions. If not for a monster game from our WR, it would have been trouble. There were a couple times where their DB’s were flat on their backs after slipping and Landry couldn’t hit the wide open guy. He looked really shaky to me.

And how about our running backs. I am glad we get Clay back this week, because Madu and DeMarco aren’t producing anything. If either had contributed to the passing game agains FSU, I might feel differently. Then again, the OL never really produced all game.

That leads us right into how this whole military appreciation day is going to work out. Big mistake calling that out if you ask me. We’re going to have them all fired up. The last thing we need is for them to play like they did in the mid-40’s war years when AFA was riding high and dominating college football.

Let’s note also that they have cleanly set the trap for us, and I am not talking that QB/WR trap that they run. I’m talking about their lackluster performance against BYU. They ended up with a decent score, but from all accounts played very uninspired, like they were looking past the Panthers to get to us.

We won’t get that this week. Look for them to shred us with their balanced spread running and passing attack. That’s the thing FSU didn’t bring. They were pass pass pass. Which we can’t reasonably expect from AFA. It’ll definitely lean pass run pass run. Now they do get good yards on the run, so you may get an extra pass run pass run run. But here’s guessing they’ll attack a week secondary that couldn’t get near Ponder’s throws despite his ocular deficiencies last Saturday.

Defensively, there isn’t much the Zoomies don’t do well. For one thing they tackle. It would be good if our D for a day could follow their example. But on top of that their athleticism on D is a step up, though it seems sometimes they’ll give up lane assignments knowing that they can recover. Make no mistake, tough sledding for our O.

Hate to say it, but I think you’re gonna see Air Force party like it’s 1945. In a low-scoring squeaker of an affair, I’m going to call it:

AFA – 31
    OU – 28

Let the debate begin… post your scores and thoughts!

sooner_born_1960 likes this.
  2. Mississippi Sooner

Mississippi Sooner New Member

If we were getting Finch back this week, I'd say we have a chance.

I just don't see how Murray, Madu and Clay can get it done.

Doomed.

3. Had some air force guys come in the restaurant today saying pretty much the same biz. They also hate the home of the sooners thing so that might pees them off.

However I disagree and think we take care of business, might take 2 quarters but I think we will do our job and we will wear them out. Def one of the toughest opponents this year

OU-36
    Aflac-22

4. sooner_born_1960

sooner_born_1960 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You must be on crack, or something.

5. calling it like it is

Boomer..... likes this.
  6. budbarrybob

budbarrybob New Member

43-10 BOOMER!

7. Soonerntxs

Soonerntxs New Member

Your right the way they beat FSU, I'm embarassed! A matter of a fact, you take my tickets this weekend and I'm just going to go to the TCU (Mooseknuckle) vs. Baylor (The Claw & Gurrrrr!) Game. At least they will sing the darn NA the right way!:p

DID I JUST SAY THIS OUTLOUD?

Give me them tickets you game buster! I'm all over me some Triple Action Threat, Hell! I even upgraded and bought some Section 3 tickets:eek:

Now, I will respect the BOY's In BLUE but after the word BRAVE leaves my lips, you better bet It will be followed by SOONERS;) !

The way I see it

55 OU

17 af

8. Mississippi Sooner

Mississippi Sooner New Member

The man is a master. I'm in awww.

9. Oldnslo

Oldnslo Radioman

we are so screwed.

10. budbarrybob

budbarrybob New Member

Reeeeally...??...

Either: an aggie has hijacked your acct. Your pathetically drunk. You've gone insane. Or your post count is incongruent with your level of sooner knowledge.
    Or: you must be an idiot. [hairGel]

Course you could be messin' 'round. But who would go into that kinda diatribe to set yourself up for a internet beating?

Thoughts?

saucysoonergal likes this.
  11. Boomer Mooner

Boomer Mooner New Member

Five TD's with a missed extra point for us
    A TD and a FG for them

34 OU
    10 AF

Boomer Sooner!!!

12. tator

tator New Member

He's smarter than he seems

13. Richard is the smartest man in all of Minnesota

14. sooner_born_1960

sooner_born_1960 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I disagree with tator.

15. me too...I'll find a way

16. Soonerntxs

Soonerntxs New Member

AH, Minnesota! Has anyone or does anyone know about cheese curds?
    I had some in the Army when I went up North to visit. But lost contact over the years and can't find any info out on where or if I can buy some and have em shipped.

saucysoonergal likes this.
  17. not sure..we were discussing cheese turds in another thread

18. tator

tator New Member

noone axed you!

:D

19. saucysoonergal

saucysoonergal SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You can get them in OKC. There is a Watonga Cheese Factory store on 39th Expressway.

20. Soonerntxs

Soonerntxs New Member

On this note, yes you were/are discussing osu and ut fans on another thread:D
    However: On topic
    These darn things are great with Chili! I figured a smart guy from up yonder might know?