1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zooma-Zoomies Just Shake Ya Rump: **OFFICIAL** OU v. AFA Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by soonerboy_odanorth, Sep 16, 2010.

1. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Iowa Pre-flight would beat the Sooners by a dozen.

2. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

There were no brave WWII Air Force pilots. They were Army pilots...the Army Air Corps. The Air Force was formed after WWII.

3. cvsooner

Prediction: I dunno. This one scares me. All streaks come to an end and we're pushing the envelope on it as it is. Air Force looks really good on paper and in person. Admittedly injuries in their backfield may help us.

Venables' defenses will play disciplined much of the time and then...whump, the house collapses (see Tech last year).

I also think their pass D is pretty solid.

My guess is we'll see a different gameplan than the wide open attack of last week...lots of Murray, as we try to use our o-line size, strength and speed advantage. No mistakes is key, and so far we've been good there. Only Jones' wacky fumble last week...in fact, I think Landry gets the blame for all three turnovers so far.

I think it'll be close through three quarters, but we'll wear 'em down in the 4th. I say OU, 28-24.

If I were a betting man, and I'm not, I'd take AFA and the points. I don't think the Sooners cover...not on this team.

4. sooner_born_1960

sooner_born_1960 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thanks.

5. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The National Security Act of 1947 (I believe) created the Air Force and the CIA among other things.
    One interesting compromise: the Army kept rotary wing aircraft (helicopters) which only a few people thought would become a big thing, while the Air Force got all fixed wing.
    That's one reason why the Apache attack helicopter's little mini-wings were such an issue when it was designed in the 1980's. It was thought that even those would violate the 'agreement' by the Army to not invade the Air Force's space.
    Biotchy turf wars characterize way too much of life.

6. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

cough - bull**** - cough

The Army has had fixed wing aircraft since at least the 1960's, and maybe even before.

My pop was Army, Army Air Corps, then Air Force. I was Army. Army has fixed wing planes. Not too many, and no jets, but they got them and have had them for decades.

7. texaspokieokie

texaspokieokie New Member

what kinda planes do they have that are not jets ??
    little planes like Cessnas for recon ??

8. cvsooner

Dang. Missed it by a point.

CarolinaSoonerFan likes this.