1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Sooner story?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by mightysooner, Apr 11, 2011.

1. humblesooner

humblesooner New Member

USC 7-7. I remember the Game of the Century and had been watching (when on TV) and reading about the Sooners since I was little. But the USC 7-7 game was the one I remember most. I remember at that time saying that we beat the crap out of SC everywhere except the scoreboard. I knew right then that OU was the best team in the country and the failure to put up more than 7 points in a game they dominated, was responsible for screwing up their season.
    This is how you know you are a "spoiled" Sooner - a tie in the first game of the season is a bad season. :)

2. IB4OU2

IB4OU2 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It took a while to collect the frequent flyer miles I would guess.

3. jersey sooner

jersey sooner New Member

I thought you were just "pissed"? Now it's "pissed off"?

4. SoonerDood

SoonerDood New Member

I wasn't quite 6 and watched the 1988 Orange Bowl. saw Mark Hutson score on the fumblerooski. seethed with hate as I saw the plastic hair guy with the smarmy grin get carried off the field. :mad:

5. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

My Dad (osu alum) has always been a Sooner fan. When I was a kid I remember Sooner games being on the radio a lot, some table talk about OU. But the first vivid memory was the '76 Nebraska game, listening to the improbable Sooner Magic finish while parked at the Southroads Mall parking lot. I was hooked. I remember choking back tears a couple yrs later when Billy fumbled at Lincoln...:(

But the good :D has definitely outweighed the bad Hook 'em

6. ictsooner7

ictsooner7 New Member

AAAAWWWWWW come on now.

7. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I remember being both pissed and pissed off, especially since they both seem to be the same thing.

8. Sam.England

Sam.England Active Member

My first Trip to America was in 2004, I was already a huge NFL fan but had never really seen any College ball as it wasn't easy to watch over here like it is getting now!

October 30th 2004! Tuned in to the TV, Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State... a certain AD ran for over 200 yards and Sooners won by 3! And that's where it all started!

9. SoonerPride93

SoonerPride93 New Member

The 2000 Nebraska game is when i fell in love. This is my first OU game I ever remember since i was 6 at the time. My family has some OU diehards in it and that day we inducted a new one into the club.