1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Word on the streets is that Prater decomitted from USC...

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by tommieharris91, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

How can you guarantee the accuracy? You claim your friend heard it, not you. Therefore you CAN'T guarantee the accuracy. You can only guarantee or not guarantee that your friend said it.

2. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

No, i guarantee that Bob Stoops told "source" this information to his/her face. But your entitled to your own opinion.

3. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

well I can gaurantee we dont trust you...pretty basic rule of thumb on a message board, if you are going to brag about having inside info you need to have facts to back it up.

Not saying you are lying, just saying of course we are going to be skeptical

4. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

I understand, i mean i cant say how i know these things, but i do believe them. And i know its hard to believe what someone says on a message board, but im not looking for any award here. Im just obsessed with Sooner football like you guys and i am fortunate to have certain connections.

5. Collier11

Cpl of tidbits about the Carroll situation and how it will affect OU

Apparently Ken norton going with Carroll, therefore no Jeffcoat to USC

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4810861

Then there are these tidbits regarding USC finally getting in trouble

"The NCAA turned down USC’s request to self-impose sanctions and restrictions on the school’s football program, which may have hastened Pete Carroll’s departure to the Seattle Seahawks, CBS NFL insider Charley Casserly reported on The NFL Today pregame show.

The NCAA’s decision may have been a factor in Carroll lessening his demand of having complete control of an organization’s football operations before agreeing to coach an NFL team, Casserly believes."

and also this...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...rYF?slug=dw-carroll011010&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

6. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

For the record: I don't necessarily think we get Prater, but if he wanted to come here we'd damn sure find a scholly for him.

7. Collier11

Cus of BV

8. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Even BV would be smart enough to find a scholly for Prater if he wants to come to OU. ;)

9. sooner59

sooner59 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Strip Sam Bradford of his scholly!!!

Probably doesn't work like that, huh?

10. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

Haha no, but it could happen, he just has to commit before anyone else

11. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And when did we sign these players exactly? Signing day is not until Feb!

12. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

What i am saying is, with the many recruits we have offered, the next 2 that say yes to OU we will get!

13. BoomerSooner88

BoomerSooner88 New Member

I found this on Scout.com, apparently Prater is lookig at Tennessee as well, he didnt take any official visits to Tennessee during the season. Nor did he visit us during the season...any news on whether hes looking for a visit to Norman?

http://tennessee.scout.com/a.z?s=7&...dURL=http://tennessee.scout.com/2/936583.html

"Pete Carroll's impending departure from USC apparently is playing a big role in one of the nation's top prospects final decision. InsideTennessee.com caught up with five star prospect Kyle Prater Sunday morning to get his thoughts about the situation and his plans for the future. It appears that Prater is planning a visit to Rocky Top, as early as this week."

14. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

if he's visiting Rocky Top someone needs to tell his parents...

15. KYHonorarySooner

KYHonorarySooner New Member

Hmmm... Captain Obvious. And what Curly is saying that there is no way in hell we would turn down Henderson, Grimble, Prater, or anyone else in the top 20 of the Rivals 100. Whether or not our "numbers" would "work" is beside the point. A way would be found! Academic scholly, pay to play, otherwise. Also remember that scholarships are renewable on a yearly basis. Not a 4 year ride.

Curly Bill likes this.
  16. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

IF Kyle Prater dosnt decide before 2 other offers do, he most likley will go somewhere else

17. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

28 commits - 5 early entrants (i presume all enrolled), that means there are 2 slots open in the fall. (85 total, 25 per year)

anything over 2 would require someone walking on (no binding LOI), grayshirting (no binding LOI), or being told politely to go elsewhere.

18. Soonez

Soonez New Member

If this Kiffin to USC thing is true, and I'm pretty sure it is, this puts Prater back at USC I'd assume.

19. jonclarkx

jonclarkx New Member

20. Tigeman

Tigeman New Member

The SC boards are claiming Prater is already back and so is Grimble. But you know how people like to talk on message boards.... just random chatter.

I could see Prater going that though... especially now that Chow is going back as well. Supposedly Grimble is a member on FB about some group to keep the SC recruiting class together.