1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was Steve Davis aboard this?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by olevetonahill, Mar 17, 2013.

1. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

Re: Steve Davis dead...

RIP #5

as a kid - to me there simply was nobody bigger on the field than Steve Davis. my absolute all time favorite....just floored by this news :(

[​IMG]

2. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Very sorry to hear this. From all I've ever heard, Davis was a good man.

3. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

RIP Preacher Man

4. zeke

zeke New Member

Dang

RIP

5. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

http://newsok.com/jet-leaves-tulsa-crashes-into-indiana-homes/article/3766914

6. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

7. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

8. 12

12 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Met him when I was a kid. I was him in many back yard football games. This is sad news.

9. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Some terrible news. Davis was way more than just a fantastic (32-1!) football player, he was one of the all-time truly great, nice guys.

10. 70sooner

70sooner High Plains Drifter

damnit. we are losing too many guys too damn early. this really sucks.

RIP and condolences to the family of both men who died in the crash.

11. BB37

BB37 Active Member

Very sad day for OU football. Steve Davis was a great Sooner. Prayers for his family.

12. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Lost his second game. RIP.

Bobby, Jack, Steve and Thomas were "my" quarterbacks growing up.

13. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

you in that jersey was about the first thing i thought of. he was before my time. it's sad nonetheless :(

14. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Very sad news indeed.

5-0

15. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

I went to bed last Night Hoping and praying I was wrong.
    RIP Steve, Prayers again for all the Family's off all the people involved.

16. BB37

BB37 Active Member

No, his second game was the 7-7 tie with USC in 1973. That game wasn't televised because of OU being on probation. I remember listening to BBSr call that game on the radio. Steve Davis only lost one game (KU in '75), and tied one game, and won two MNCs.

OU football lost one of its greatest ambassadors yesterday.

17. SoonerNomad

SoonerNomad New Member

Very sad news. I moved from Nebraska to Burkburnett, Texas in 1972. I started listening to OU games on the radio that fall and listened to everyone of his starts. I was a freshman and sophomore in high school when he led the Sooners to the two titles. He stands out in my mind as a solid player, but an even better person. He was on TV a lot in the 80's. He will be missed. Sad, sad day.

18. ousoonerfan

ousoonerfan Active Member

Steve spoke at a United Methodist Men's retreat a few weeks ago at Camp Egan, east of Tahlequah. It was the first time I met him and everyone here is absolutely right. A great ambassador for OU and a great guy all around. He spoke about reaching out to people who have impacted his life and letting them know how important their influence was to him over the years. RIP

19. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Steve, Thomas, and JC for me. Pretty high bar to set when Steve Davis is the first QB you know.

20. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Very sad news.

And if I may say, I'm a little dismayed that the official website and twitter feed of the Sooner athletic department has yet to make any mention of his passing almost 3 hours after official confirmation from the St. Joseph County Coroner's Office in Indiana.