1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Regional - Baton Rouge

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by LSUdeek, Jun 2, 2013.

1. champions77

champions77 New Member

1 run in 18 innings of baseball. If sunny doesn't go out and find a quality hitting coach, then maybe he should be fired too. Poorest hitting OU team that I can recall.

2. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This team was preseason #15, they ended up as one of the final 16 teams playing. They won a conference title. I agree that our hitting was not good at several times throughout the year, having said that, people please stop saying anything about SG getting fired. It is dumb

King Crimson and 8timechamps like this.
  3. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

The better team won, nothing to be embarrassed about.

4. Collier11

That's another good point, LSU is a top 5 team in the country and they beat us on their home field. OU winning would have been a decent upset

5. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

I have to agree. If our hitting would have a little better not only would we possibly upset LSU but our Big12 record would have been better this might have allowed us to have gained a better seed/host and who knows where that leads.

Anyhow it was a good season. Congrats to the 2013 Big 12 Champs!!

6. Collier11

we have some good hitting recruits coming in, if they can step in as freshmen and produce (which cant be counted on of course) we will be pretty good again. Lots hanging on Overton and Oberste, both likely gone but if one or both were to come back and surprise us, we would probably be the Big 12 favs

7. TumbleweedDoom

TumbleweedDoom New Member

Don't forget that many of our hitters this year were freshmen (Aikin, Carpenter, Hermelyn, Haley) or first-year players (Lorenzana, Alspaugh, Bickerstaff). That's a core group that should only get better.

8. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Inconsistent catches up with ya. College baseball is SUCH a tricky thing, with the major league draft always a major factor.

9. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

LSU beat us the first game.

OU beat us the second.

Errors and mistakes happen, but last night was an entire season's worth. It never stopped.

10. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'll give lsu credit as being a better team. I knew it would be an uphill feat to win down there..but I cannot stand their fans. I went to the Sugar Bowl and what a bunch of backwards a## drunk rednecks...

I didn't have the sound on but thought they were yelling their bulls(&t Tiger Bait crap...what a bunch of losers. I hope they get KSU and KSU knocks them out.

11. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You missed an ESPN slurp-fest, but I tempered my disgust with the fact that OUr girls pretty much got the same treatment last week in OKC.

Still, there was one play where their shortstop fielded a grounder where you would have thought Louie Aparicio had returned from the dead. They couldn't stop talking about it, even to the point where they brought it up again after the near-hourlong rain delay.

12. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i tend to agree about LSU fans. i was also at the Sugar Bowl. horrible people in a way. some great fans but for every 1 there is 2 horrible. i didn't get it. i guess that's how they do.

13. LSUdeek

LSUdeek New Member

Lsu baseball fans != Lsu football fans

14. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Very true. LSU is one of the few baseball programs in the country that can pack the house in the middle of the season. Unfortunately, that can't be said for OU (although there are plenty of loyal OU baseball fans).

Congrats to the Tigers. Now, if LSU does anything less than make it to the semifinals, I'll be disappointed. I was thinking NC would be the team to beat, but they are getting everything they wanted (and more) from SC. Could be another LSU championship.

15. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

good season, guys. good luck to our future MLBers and everyone else not coming back next year.

16. tulsaoilerfan

tulsaoilerfan Ready for Baseball Season

Put it into perspective it's not like we lost to a sorry *** team; LSU is pretty damn good and has outstanding pitching; sometimes the pitchers are just better than the hitters!! Still a great season IMO

17. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

This ^^^^^!

18. Collier11

Look at all of the national seeds who have lost at home too, Vandy, Florida State, Cal State Fullerton...in hindsight we had a really great year

19. Collier11

I will say this for LSU fans ( I was at the Sugar Bowl as well and didn't have a bad time although I see where some did) They took up donations in the crowd for the Tornado victims so they do have some decent folks

20. colston15

colston15 New Member