1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Regional - Baton Rouge

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by LSUdeek, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If you're watching Gamecock v. Tar Heel right now, you're watching a dandy.

2. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

I wish we could have gotten matched up with Virginia again. They are the most overrated team every year. They are the Virginia Tech football team of baseball.

Going to be a tough one tonight, but I think if we score first, we will win.

3. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I think this is the first time I have agreed with you about anything. UVA fans know they aren't great at football, but when it comes to baseball, they will tell you that they'll win it all every year.

I have a buddy that loves UVA baseball (I have NO idea why, he didn't live there or go to school there), and he told me after the selections came out that UVA would be in the CWS after they "blew through" MSU. Whoops.

4. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

On the board early tonight

1-0 OU B1. Game is on ESPN2

5. Lott's Bandana

End of 2, tied at 1. Squandering opportunities. Left 2.

6. Lott's Bandana

Horribleness turns a single into a man on 3rd and then a base hit.

1-2
    1-out.

7. Lott's Bandana

Errors follow errors. Painful.

3 errors this inning.

8. Lott's Bandana

Max White loafs to a base hit, batter takes second.

Guys are in a daze.

I'm hoping for rain.

9. Lott's Bandana

Another run from our mistake. That's 3.

we couldn't suck any worse tonight.

Bad timing.

10. JoeR

JoeR Member

Overton is pitching well. Defense really letting him down.

11. BlackwellSooner

BlackwellSooner New Member

You suppose Sunny will munch on White's butt during the rain delay (for dogging it on the base hit earlier)?

If he doesn't, he should!

12. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

I don't agree. Dillion does not have his best stuff. He has to work his off speed stuff in on the hands on each side. He is leaving the ball over the plate.

13. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

Well, the committee did everything they could possibly do to get them there. Their regional was a joke and then they got paired up with an average MSU team. The play a horrible NC schedule every year but get a ridiculously high RPI because of the overrated ACC.

8timechamps likes this.
  14. colston15

colston15 New Member

DO is pitching fine. Haley's error and White's misplay were killers. And we left two guys in scoring position when their pitcher was on the ropes.

I hate that we had to go to LSU. They and maybe North Carolina were the only teams I thought would beat us right now.

I still think we have a run in us out of this delay. Gotta believe.

15. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

If we were playing a regular season Big 12 game, I would agree, but DO can't leave those pitches over the plate against this team.

16. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Are we going to send DO back out there after this long delay?

17. OUmillenium

OUmillenium New Member

18. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

We better find some pitchers for next year. If you can't make it to Omaha with a 1st and 2nd round pitchers, in the dead bat era, then we might not get back for a long time.

19. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What? We scored 1 run in two games, and you're complaining about our pitching?

20. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This Senior Class tied the OU record for most wins over a 4 year period, our bats were far too inconsistent all year. Great Season, proud of our baseball fellas