1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooners vs jayhawks Big Monday

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Blue, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Boomer!

Prediction 75 72 OU.

2. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

From the delicates of my beautiful girl in Edmond...

SOOOOONER!

See you aholes tomorrow

3. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

The last OU MBB game I attended in person was Capel's final year before firing. The KU fans attended LNC en masse and they had yellow shirts stationed around the lower bowl checking ticket stubs to make sure no blue shirts made it closer to the court to serenade Rock Chalk than necessary.

The KU fans by us were actually quite cordial, seemingly knowing how pathetic we had become and didn't give us too much grief. They even giggled when I was all like "SOMEBODY COVER MORNINGSTAR... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" as he got passed for a wide open three which of course he sank because that's ALL. HE. DID.

But yes they did ROCK CHALK by the end of that game and that was sad, but at least it took them till the closing minutes to start it. We held onto the game longer than we should, much like we held onto Capel longer than we should have.

If you are willing to sink more vCash into this MBB team, there is now a vBookie event active. 10 to 1 for any margin of victory; 25 to 1 if you think we'll win by 5 or more. If you're a know it all nancy who thinks KU will bounce back after losing at ISU a few days ago... good for you! 1 to 1000 payoff if you choose the jayjays. :mad:

4. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm mixed on this game....as I said in the *other thread.

Watching ku against clones....they definitely are a finesse team. IF the officials let it go a little we can hang with them. They again have the length. Ellis can step out and hit the 3 and at 6'10 that's huge. I think Woodard and Walker will be able to drive, but they'll be bigs down low to stop that.

Have to play very smart. Push when we can. Cousins and Hield will need to be on point offensively.

Like you guys in Okla...osu fans can be miserable...in Ks hawk fans are the same...a win would be nice.

5. birddog

Well, I phoned it in at work so I could throw some beers down my gullet before tip off. These big Mondays meant a lot more to me in 2001 with Hollis and co. but a win tonight would mean more to the fans than any win in Leon Krogers tenure. Ok, few more reebs then it's go time!

6. birddog

So, 3.2 beer huh? Yeah, I better go buy a case.

7. Blue

These slow starts are getting old. Take care of the ball! 8-2 ku

8. Blue

Hielf fer 3!!!

8-7 ku

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  9. Blue

We play really dumb sometimes. 10-9 ku.

10. Blue

We're playing decent but Thomas is a turnover machine and ku is making everything. 20-13 ku 13:35

11. BetterSoonerThanLater

BetterSoonerThanLater SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Lon shoulda called a time out after that second three from Kansas. They aren't missing music, and we definately can't answer

12. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

KU just can't miss a 3. 6-6 and that's the difference in this game. We've gone ice cold on offense.

13. Blue

And just like that we are down 20. This team cant even make it enjoyable for more than 10 minutes.

Close to turning this off and close to not giving a **** about this team.

14. Eielson

7-7 now. I'm just about done.

15. Eielson

I thought they had finally missed a 3...but nope! Came back and in.

8-8.

16. BetterSoonerThanLater

BetterSoonerThanLater SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is that 8 for 8 on threes? Jeebus! Quit letting them take those open threes!! That's ridiculous!!

17. Eielson

I don't have the statistics in front of me, but I think we've been great defending the 3 all year. KU is just shooting lights out.

Not fair.

18. Eielson

We've held opponents to 28.5% from 3 this year...93-236

19. Eielson

KU finally misses from 3!

And again!

And again!

They're only 8-11 now...

20. Eielson