1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooners vs jayhawks Big Monday

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Blue, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

79-76. 1:04.

2. Eielson

81-76. They're shooting FT's.

Not looking good. Bad start. Bad finish.

3. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Tough loss. They showed some character though.

4. Eielson

Can't tell from that angle. Definitely not indisputable, but this is KU...so they're going to get it again.

5. Eielson

I stand corrected. Refs got it right.

82-78. 28.7 to go. Their ball.

6. Eielson

Another review. Lon has the chance to draw up a set play with 21.2. A 3 and we're back in this.

7. Eielson

Missed. KU is shooting the ball, up 5.

This one is over.

8. Eielson

I really thought we had this one.

9. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Me too. If Thomas shows up at all we do. Hopefully he and Woodard will be contributing along w/ spangler cousins and Hield come tourney time. That's the only way we make a run. Learn how to play more as a team. And I think we will.

10. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Some 'no calls at the end doomed the Soomers.

Great effort to come back from so far.

The outcome coulda been different in Norman.

5-0

11. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Way too much to overcome. I like how determined they came out after half but dang it'd be nice to actually win a game they weren't expected to.

12. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I was in total shock after the first 10 minutes...ku could not miss, which I figured wouldn't continue, but Thomas had 3 TO's we played like crap....and Lon didn't call his usual TO til it was a 20 pt lead. Guess, he knows more...lol.

2nd half, wow, what a comeback. I figured we'd make a run, but fall short since we weren't using the bench much....run out of gas. Then we took the lead. It gives me hope we can get them in Norman. Really wanted this one...I hate ku fans.

13. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Funny story about last night... I was determinedly staring at my iPad as husband NP watched the game for both of us, because when I was watching the game more closely we fell to that damn 19-point halftime deficit. Alas, the comeback was not meant to be.

Kudos the Big 12 refs for not giving KU 42 home free throws once again. It was embarrassing to both KU and the conference to get that type of home treatment last week.

I loved (or rather, loathed) the KU fan whining at every call that went against the jayjays. Oh, poor us! We've won the Big 12 a billion seasons in a row but thaaaatsssss noooot faaaaaaaaaairrrrrrrrr :rolleyes:

I'm really looking forward to someone dethroning them, or at least making them share. One true champion? Oh no no no no NO NO NOOOOOOO this is the Big 12, beyonces. You do NOT crown a sole champion here. Hell, we're probably going to have the conference tourney end in a tie, aren't we.

14. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

lol...try living up here...

yeah the one that went off of cousin's foot but they didn't have enough to reverse call was questionable...but the 2nd one that Buddy lost was totally off the ku player but a friend I was texting was like "that's ours as well..." I told him he needed to get his eye's checked. I'd give him the first one, but no way in hell the 2nd one was theirs...typical ku fans.

15. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

It is actually a good thing that KU is good at basketball, because if their bball wins were as scarce as their football wins, do you know how many rims or scoreboards or whatever the hell fans can take down from their sporting apparatus would be torn down?

Exhibit A: KU football victory over sh!tty Iowa State 34-14:
    [youtube]Phck6yF_D84[/youtube]

Exhibit B: KU football victory in 2013 over sh!tty (they were bad in 2013) West Virginia:
    [youtube]WqrNtekJK1g[/youtube]

I hope KU is using sustainable, cruelty-free organic goalposts :p