1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonny Galloway?

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by r5TPsooner, May 24, 2008.

?

Should Sonny Galloway Be Replaced As HC Of OU Baseball?

Poll closed May 26, 2008.
  1. Yep

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Nope

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. r5TPsooner

r5TPsooner New Member

Should he stay or should he go.

Please keep the discussion civil.

OUthunder likes this.
  2. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think he gets another year.

3. Eielson

oops

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  4. SOONER STEAKER

SOONER STEAKER New Member

Yes, SG should be replaced. He has done very little for this program since his return.

5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

I know nuthing about BB
    shoulda been a Just give me My Vcash option :p

6. Jay C. Upchurch

Jay C. Upchurch Sooner Spectator Editor

He is definitely back for at least another season. Three seasons is not enough of a measuring stick in college baseball when rosters change so frequently. If the Galloway and the Sooners would have had their ace, Stephen Porlier, they probably would have finished top 3-4 in the conference by winning 6-8 more games this season. Porlier will be back next season when OU has all but three everyday starters back and almost its entire pitching staff.

Sorry to disappoint some of you, but there is absolutely no chance Galloway is not back next season.

7. Sooner24

Sooner24 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Doesn't disappoint me. I think he should be back for another year.

8. Ardmore_Sooner

Ardmore_Sooner New Member

Not disappointing me! He deserves another year.

9. Eielson

Gosse, Davis, and who else aren't coming back?

10. Jay C. Upchurch

Jay C. Upchurch Sooner Spectator Editor

I was thinking J.T. Wise is a senior, but I checked the roster and he is only a junior... so they will lose only two everyday players...

11. Ardmore_Sooner

Ardmore_Sooner New Member

Do you fire a coach that made the tourny 3 of 4 years?

12. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Say what you will about his character, the guy wins...despite the midseason and late season struggles we ended strong again and beat alot of ranked teams this yr...lets see what he does with a full pitching staff next yr

13. BoomerJack

BoomerJack New Member

I believe next year is the last on the contract. Let's see how '09 goes.

But as far as speculating on who's coming back from this year's roster, I won't do that. It seems that there are always a few guys expected back who decide to turn pro in June or transfer or whatever. I have come to never count on who's on the roster until the season opener.

14. GoTheDistance

GoTheDistance New Member

Well, here is your list of 7 seniors for starters who won't be back for sure.
    Mike Gosse 2nd base Starter
    AlJay Davis CF Starter
    Ryan Mottern RHP/sometime DH/5 yr Sooner/starter at one time
    Jared Freeman DH/used more recently/great hitter
    Jake McCarter RHP/Closer/juco transfer
    Zach Sawyer LHP/not used/juco transfer
    Drew Roberts INF/not used/juco transfer

The following are listed on the roster as juniors and should be eligible for draft.
    Matt Haraughty 3rd base Starter Lately/juco transfer
    Trey Sperring inf/juco transfer
    JT Wise catcher/starter/transfer
    CJ Blue LHP/juco transfer
    Doug Buser OF late inning sub/juco transfer
    Stephen Porlier RHP//Injury redshirt/age eligible

15. Vegas Sooner

Vegas Sooner Member

one more year.

16. tulsaoilerfan

tulsaoilerfan Ready for Baseball Season

Not a big fan of his, but he does deserve at least one more year

17. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Yeah, I voted for "Yep" anticipating the end of the season last week, but after our fight against Texas, a top baseball program, I would like to change my vote... provided we don't embarrass ourselves in the tournament.

18. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Ok guys,

I set my expectations low. All I wanted was an almost-win and I would have been happy. Some may think that's aggie-like expectations, but hey, look where the aggies are this year in baseball :rolleyes:

As such, I withdraw my vote to oust Sunny Galloway. Even if his name is really Sonny like that Coocoo for Coco Puffs character, even if his daughter is a Playboy posing aggie, even if last year's version of this thread is the top-viewed Sunny-related thing on the Web right now, I had set the bar and they met and exceeded said bar.

I know hardly anything about college baseball, but I do know that injuries to star players (especially pitchers) can effect overall records. I also know that making the field of 64 postseason is easier than in basketball, so I just wanted the Sooners to show that they belonged and that the at-large bid wasn't a fluke. They proved that by beating Vanderbilt this weekend.

As such, good job Sooner baseball on a successful season. I promise to try to make the Tulsa game this next year. No reason Driller Stadium shouldn't be 75 percent orange instead of 76 percent ;)

19. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

I'll still stick by my original vote. IMO, what happened at the end of the season/tournaments was a team rallying around each other more than a coach finally living up to expectation. And I really don't foresee it getting better next season.

But I see your point badger.

20. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

barring any transfers or players leaving for the draft that shouldnt, we return about 90% of our starters...I would reserve judgment til next yr...he has still been to the tourney 3 out of 4 yrs, everys season except last yr he has led a late season rally so I would give Sonny some credit, and he has gotten us to a regional Championship and a Super Regional game 3 already