1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SAC Baseball

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by setem, Feb 10, 2008.

1. setem

setem DTF

The OCU Stars are off to a 5-0 start. I think Denney and crew did a really good job of filling in their needs after they lost a bundle of players to the draft last season.

How is the rest of the SAC looking? I have a few kids from my legion team playing around the league. I think I have 1 at SNU 2 at Mid America. The kids at MA will be playing. My guy at SNU is a frosh so he will have some work ahead of him.

Anyone going to the OCU home opener at Noon today?

Go...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
    SOONER STEAKER likes this.
  2. SOONER STEAKER

SOONER STEAKER New Member

I saw Rogers State play in a DH yesterday agaisnt Peru State, NE,, RSU swept both games. Brandon Denton from Star Spencer is really turning intop a very nice player. I also plan on going to watch RSU play SNU on tuesday, DH starting at 1:00.

setem likes this.
  3. OCUDad

OCUDad New Member

The Oklahoma Baptist Bison have had a strong start. I look for them to challenge OCU for SAC supremacy this year. Paperclip, are you listening?

4. setem

setem DTF

Make that 6-0

Stars looked ugly at times but they made all of the routine plays and that is what wins games. The bats were alive and even though they had a few slip ups on the bases they put up 5 runs to Dakota Wesleyan's 2. Pitching looked pretty good. The starter held the Tigers to just 1 hit over the first 5 innings. The Stars pitchers combined to hit 6 Tiger batters though. You could definitely tell it was their first home game. If they fix the problems running the bases and hitting everyone who steps in the box. They will be a contender again.

Today was my first Stars game. I went to a game back in the day when they were still called the Chiefs. Apart from it being frigid *** cold out side it was a fantastic game. The Stars are a confident bunch, no so much that they are cocky though. They expect to win and to me that is a good thing.

5. Paperclip

Paperclip SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yep. Bison are 9-1 and open SAC play with Northwestern on Thursday. It'll be a couple of weeks before I can make it out to see them. Bobby's guys had a rough year last year, but this year is promising. As usual, the evil empire is the team to beat.

6. setem

setem DTF

Does OCU = The Evil Empire?

7. OCUDad

OCUDad New Member

To the rest of the SAC and everyone in Lewiston, Idaho, the OCU Stars are the Evil Empire.

To anyone who loves well-played and well-coached baseball and is not jealous of success, the OCU Stars are consistently one of the top 5 teams in the NAIA year after year after year. :pop:

8. SOONER STEAKER

And, OCU is so much better with OU's Brandon Moss in the lineup.

9. Paperclip

And they'll have another former OU starter in the lineup next year, and the year after that...

10. Paperclip

Big talk coming from a Red Sox fan. :)

11. SOONER STEAKER

Doesn't OCU draft players from D-1 schools? :D :D

12. setem

setem DTF

I wouldn't say draft! They do find a way to get players who are not happy with their current school(D-1).

13. SOONER STEAKER

Keith and Denney are so likeable, who wouldn't want to play for them and play for a National Championship every year.

Hav eyou noticed that D-1 in the state refuse to play them now. I remember when OCU beat the likes of OU 7 Arkansas the same year. OSU and Holliday never would play the Chiefs.

14. Paperclip

You may be the first person I've ever heard describe Keith Lytle as "likeable".

15. SOONER STEAKER

All great baseball guys are likeable. Coaches may yell and demand alot out of players, but they learn to appreciate the discipline later on in life.

Keith and Denney are a great pair, the odd couple of college baseball.

16. setem

setem DTF

Are you kidding me? He is a good guy and very nice in general. When it comes to baseball he does not screw around. I remember when I was in his camps. No matter what the talent level of the campers, you could be a rising star and a natural at the game. If you messed around while it was time to work. He would just assume refund people their money then have them waste his and their time when it came to kids who were not serious about baseball. There is a reason Keith is regarded as one of the best hitting coaches in the country.

Even though he may teach a serious game they keep it fun for those guys and the atmosphere around the club house is pretty laid back. Even on game day people walk up to fence and converse with the players and coaches while the game is going on.

As a young coach I like to think of Denny and Keith as mentors. I hope I am half of what those guys are.

17. OCUDad

OCUDad New Member

I'm not getting into this argument. :p

18. SOONER STEAKER

Keith and Denney are roll models. You'll be a great coach if you learn from them.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  19. Paperclip

Heh.

I didn't say he wasn't likeable. I just said I've never heard anyone say he was. :)

20. Ike

Ike party pooper

Depending on when it was, you might have seen me at that game years ago...