1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPI/Bracketology Updates

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by OUSKINS, Jan 22, 2008.

1. SleestakSooner

SleestakSooner New Member

It's funny that the league is getting a lot of respect this season but not so much the Sooners. At least you would think some of the coaches in conference would give OU a vote.

2. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You forgot the key component and that's that Baylor is #32 or something like that.

Despite the fact that...

A) We swept them this year
    B) We finished ahead of them in conference
    C) We have the same number of wins (one more loss, but one of their wins came against D-2) playing the 10th toughest SOS while they played the 31st toughest
    D) We are 6-4 during our last 10 games, including a win over Baylor; they are 5-5 during their last 10 games, including a loss to us

I'm not concerned about it because the polls rarely have much impact on seeding or anything...but it's just dumb that we're ranked behind them.

3. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Baylor is a "good story" or "great storyline" to the media clowns. they were gonna assplode on the national scene after teh 5 OT win at ATM and then we BEAT them in Waco. all the national internet sites had feel good articles about them that week and hah!

that said, i won't be surprised at all if they beat us in the conf tournament. if so, so be it. we got the two that mattered. and Jerrells is a heckuva player.

4. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

I noticed the same things. If they get a higher seed than us it will be a joke!

5. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What are the RPIs of the other teams in the conference right now? Who gets in/gets snubbed?

Does OSU have a chance? :rolleyes:

6. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

OSU has NO chance! They might miss the NIT.

7. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

I'm not a 100% certain but I believe the committee tries to avoid rematches until the Sweet 16 so that would mean we probably wouldn't play Memphis.

My guess was that we are a 7 seed at the moment. I think we will be no lower than an 8-9 win or lose on Friday and that a win over Baylor would lock up at least a 7 seed and maybe a 6.

I find it odd that we aren't getting more votes in the poll than we are but 8 wins against the RPI top 50 and a top 10 schedule should translate to a higher seed than our ranking would suggest.

8. TDArkansasOhMy

TDArkansasOhMy New Member

Wondering if you guys have heard the same as we have of late with the recent Bracketologist? On a popular afternoon radio call in show that comes out of Little Rock, one of the host said the top Bracketologist with the highest %, has put #7 seed Oklahoma against #10 Seed Arkansas, in the Birmingham regional in Alabama. This same guy just last week had Arkansas in Little Rock's regional until unforeseen circumstances with upsets the last few days.
    I for one, am not convinced that the Hogs are in. I think we are a bubble team looking in. Our poor finish at seasons end will put us in the NIT I think.
    But getting back to what this expert was saying about the possible match-up in Birmingham, It wrote that the Oklahoma team that beat Arkansas earlier in the season was a lot better than the one today?
    What gives, have you guys loss a lot to injuries?
    Anyway. I see you guys making it, and us staying at home. Whatever the case, Good luck in yalls post season play.

WPS

9. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

Looks like OU is 7th in bracketology but like I metioned before I think the tourney selection committee tries to avoid rematches in the first 2 rounds. Of course the committee might not be able to avoid it but if Texas and KU are 2 seeds and say KSU and Ark were 10 seeds it would be impossible not to have a rematch without seeds being adjusted.

The Oklahoma team that beat Arkansas early in the year was healthier and deeper but I wouldn't really say better. OU has had a hard time having more that 6-7 healthy bodies in practice which makes the performances on game day all the more impressive.

10. OUSKINS

OUSKINS New Member

Lunardi updating daily now...has us as a #7 seed, playing Kent St. in Birmingham.