1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPI/Bracketology Updates

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by OUSKINS, Jan 22, 2008.

1. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

the X is the Final Four last year without that flagrant no call foul on Oden. frankly, if Oden isn't getting the star treatment....they go.

2. OUSKINS

OUSKINS New Member

With the Nebraska loss, we only fell to #31 in the RPI. Our SOS is really helping in that dept. Gotta find a way to beat the Aggies Saturday though.

3. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

Agreed. Given it is going to be tough to win in Stillwater I think beating A&M is a must as is beating MU at home. I still think we just barely get in if we win our home games...and possibly would need to win a first round Big 12 tourney if we are a 5 playing Colo because it certainly wouldn't help to lose to the last place team twice.

4. OUSKINS

OUSKINS New Member

Still in the field over at Bracketology: A 10 seed playing St. Mary's. We haven't even reached the "last 4 teams in" list yet :)

5. OUSKINS

OUSKINS New Member

After the A+M game...

#30 in the RPI. Very solidly in at this point. Split the next two and we're fine.

Also, interesting stat...

OU has the third most wins in the NATION against the RPI top 50-- only Texas and Tennessee have more.

6. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You can thank Texas Tech for that.

7. Sooner98

Sooner98 New Member

Big wins by Arkansas and Gonzaga yesterday are going to help our case a ton. A win by WV over UConn would have been the icing on the cake.

8. OUSKINS

OUSKINS New Member

#9 seed playing UNLV in Bracketlogoy today. Bracketography has us as a #7 seed. In other words, we're not even really on the bubble right now-- we're in. Split the next two and we'll be close to a lock.

9. sooner518

sooner518 New Member

I watched alot of ESPN this weekend and I never saw our name mentioned as a bubble team. I take it thats a good sign

10. Ardmore_Sooner

Ardmore_Sooner New Member

Dicky V said we are in after our game Saturday... take that for what it's worth.

11. OUSKINS

OUSKINS New Member

Not a bad night for not playing a game....OU moved up two more spots to #28 in the RPI after Monday's games. Better yet, TT lost, which pretty much eliminates them from that logjam in the conference standings, BUT they stayed in the RPI Top 50, which helps us.

Things are looking really good right now-- the OSU game means little in terms of our post-season hopes. Beat Mizzou and we're in.

12. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This is awesome. I hope we can handle Mizzou without Blake!

13. SleestakSooner

SleestakSooner New Member

Yep, and since Blake should be back for post-season play, the committee will look to that as a sign of strength. Hopefully he will be back in time for a first (or second) round game in the conference tourney and show us all that he is still da man!

14. OUSKINS

OUSKINS New Member

3-7-08 Update:

#27 in the RPI and a #8 seed in Bracketlogoy playing Miami in the 1st round, then Tennessee. Now that we're more or less in the Dance, it's time to play for seeding and hopefully get off that 8-9 line.

15. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'd like to avoid those 1/2 seeds the first weekend.

Here's hoping we either make it to a 6 (we'd basically have to become a Top 25 team) or drop to an 11. :D

16. OUSKINS

OUSKINS New Member

Lunardi has us as a #8 seed today, playing South Alabama in the 1st round-- then Tennessee.

I think if we lose to Baylor, we wind up with an 8-9 seed. If we beat Baylor and lose to Texas, I think we move into 7 seed territory.

17. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If we got a 8 seed I would love to get a rematch with Memphis in rd 2, we played them tough with BG still getting comfortable

18. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i don't care who we play or what seed we are. i'm just stoked that we get to watch the boys play some more. i think they'll win their first round game, then we'll see what happens.

19. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

FWIW, we are #34 in the AP and still not even getting votes in the coaches poll

20. Sooner98

Sooner98 New Member

I predict, as of right now, we are an 8 seed. That seed will get one spot better for every win we have at the tournament this weekend.