1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rank Your Top Five Cities

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by Blue, Jan 6, 2004.

1. the-boulder

the-boulder New Member

Visiting a place and thinking its great is nothing like living there, so I am commenting only on cities where I had friends and family who have lived there when they were in a similar point in their life as you.

1. Chicago- other than the cold, I have a few freinds who moved there and love it.
    2. Charlotte- bad traffic, but lots of cool things- my brother lived there for two years out of college.

ones I would avoid-

1. San Antonio- my brother now lives here- he is single and 25. Says its the fattest city evar. Nothing special once the touristy river walk stuff wears off. Not a ton of college educated single good looking ladies walking around either. My bro's sales territory includes Austin, so he hangs up there as much as possible. Oh and I hope you like the Spurs, cause thats all your gonna get on the sports talk shows....

2. Boston- if you are liberal you might like it. I have a relative who swings the other way that thinks its great. Be aware of North East arrogance in regards to education. Many are very cliquish in regards to where you went to College and some will almost look at a degree from anywhere west of the Mississippi as nothing more than HS diploma. It sounds as though you have two kinds of people- bluecollar and arrogant ivy league grads or ivy league wannabe's. Also, I hear the chicks aint that pretty.

2. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

boulder,

The women in Boston are beautiful - until they open their mouths. Learning to talk in their ****ed up accent makes them have very strange mouth/lip movements.

Example of Oklahoma girl: "We all had a great time at the party. Y'all were nice for inviting us."

Example of Boston girl: "We had a ****in' pissah time at the potty. Yous guys were wicked pissah for inviting us."

3. Soonerborn03

Soonerborn03 New Member

What do ya mean anywhere but Ardmore....you drive 70 miles north you're in Norman or 100 and you're in OKC...you drive 100 miles south you're in Dallas. To the north are the Arbuckle Mountains and Turner Falls. To the south you have Lake Murray. I think it's a pretty sweet location if you ask me.

4. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I lived in Cambridge for a year. Its like living in a foreign country.

5. Boarder

Boarder Yacht Rocker

This was a fine thread. A really, really fine thread.

6. 12

12 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I love Austin. If you can squint enough to block out the orange, it is a great city. And actually, just about anywhere in the Texas Hill Country is nice.

Chicago is incredible. Of course, it was late October when I visited on business, so the leaves and everything made it much more picturesque.

Other than that, I'd have to go with Shattuck, Oklahoma.

7. mrowl

mrowl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think I agree with Howzit now... 2 years, and some travelling have changed my mind. DFW is off my list.

8. IB4OU2

IB4OU2 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

1. Florence, Oregon
    2. Park City, Utah
    3. Clearwater, Florida
    4. Norman, Oklahoma
    5. Tulsa, Oklahoma

9. Killerbees

Killerbees Active Member

In no particular order, my fav places I have lived or lived close to.

Boston
    Orlando - Winter Park is a nice place to live
    Charleston - probably my top choice.
    Dallas
    Honlolulu - Liked living there but I didnt like working there.

Others not quite making the list (mainly because I didnt spend enough time there)

San Diego, Chicago, Atlanta, Denver

Places to avoid at all cost.

NYC, Hartford, Norfolk, entire state of New Jersey, Miami, LA

10. salth2o

salth2o New Member

Tops:
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Tempe
    Chicago
    San Diego
    Houston
    Indy

Bottom:
    Little Rock
    Los Angeles
    Anytown, Louisiana

TUSooner likes this.
  11. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Phoenix-lotsa people. It's great this time of year. But, best to be a winter visitor. June-October are nearly intolerably hot.

12. Penguin

Penguin SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Best:

1. Seattle - the prettiest city I have ever seen.
    2. San Fran - the prettiest city I have ever seen.
    3. Portland - the prettiest city I have ever seen.
    4. West Houston - the wealthiest and greenest city I heve ever lived in.
    5. Austin - prettiest city in Texas

Worst:
    1. Baton Rouge - I was born and raised there. It's the most backward city I've ever seen. Now, I'm not saying that I'm the most enlightened person in the world, but the people there are extremely racist. It's like taking a trip to the 1950's when I got visit my folks. If there's ever going to be a race war, it will probably start in BR.
    2. East Houston - no wealth on that side of the city and it always smells like a chemical plant exploded.
    3. Chicago - rudest people I have ever been around. What is this? France?
    4. Dallas-Fort Worth - The big D has a purty skyline and there was a TV show named after it, but that's the only nice things I can think of. Bad traffic. A city called "Cow Town." A guaranteed 20 minute taxi time at the world's worst airport. It never fails. We always land on the "wrong" side of the airport and it takes at least 20 minutes to get to the gate. You might as well drop us off and let us walk to the terminal. I never really understood why people like Dallas. I guess cuz it's the closest big city to Oklahoma?
    5. Norman - Just to **** everybody off. :D

13. mdklatt

mdklatt SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Cities I've lived in that I have any memory of:

1. Fort Worth
    2. Dallas
    3. Houston
    4. Norman
    10. Sioux City, IA (not good enough for 5-9)

Cities I've visited that I might like to live in, no particular order:

Albuquerque
    San Diego
    Toronto
    London
    Boulder
    Milwaukee (moved away when I was a newborn)
    Chicago
    Seattle

Cities that are okay to visit, but I have no burning desire to live in:

Orlando
    San Antonio
    Buffalo
    Minneapolis
    Tokyo
    Bologna, Italy

Please don't make me go back:

Los Angeles

14. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Jed is dead to me....dead I say.

15. TUSooner

TUSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What year is this?
    OK....
    1. OKC: What's wrong with it? Nothing; it's fine and getting better.
    2. Bessie, OK: Quiet; pop. 200, more or less
    3. San Diego: I loved it there when I was a kid.
    4. Virginia Beach (Must spell carefully.) Because it's the only other place I've lived more than 6 months except...

4948. New Orleans. I don't really want to insult this one-of-a kind city that is home of so many wonderful people that I know (and who already know the city's flaws), but for this Okie soul, the charade of "New Orleans charm" is totally OVAH !

16. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

Las Vegas, baby

17. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

ITS TRUE!

18. SoonerWood

SoonerWood New Member

Places I lived and would want to live in again:

Bellingham, Washington - For the outdoor person, every weekend is a vacation. You have both saltwater and the Cascade mountains within a stones throw. Vancouver, BC and Seattle are nearby. The Gorge in George, WA is the best place to watch a concert. Yeah the people are a bit liberal but who cares with all the things there are to do where you won't be near any of them.

Scottsdale, AZ - Simply a nice place to live and lots to do in Arizona.

Denver, Co - Another beautiful place to live with fantastic weekends. Just no saltwater, which sucks.

Ojai, CA - Been years since I lived there, but it was a very clean, very pretty place with the whole California girls thing going on everywhere you look.

Places I've lived that I'd never want to live in again:

Boston, MA - Great place to visit but living there wasn't so great. Whoever said the girls there were hot is on drugs, because I never saw any.

Detroit area - Felt like living in a trashcan.

19. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wood is dead to me also.

20. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Atlanta has moved to my good list. Lots to do, lots of good lookin women.

Traffic is the succ though.