1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rank Your Top Five Cities

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by Blue, Jan 6, 2004.

1. GDC

GDC New Member

Prague
    Flagstaff
    New York City
    Ciudad Juarez
    Tailholt

2. nmsoonergirl

nmsoonergirl New Member

Favorite Cities
    Bozeman, MT (I'd never be able to find work there)
    Flagstaff, AZ (I could find a less than ideal job there, but I might be willing to do that)
    Denver (only if I could live 10 minutes from work. This is Mr. NMS' top choice)
    Eugene, OR (Portland was a little too large for me
    Des Moines, IA (have to agree with Frozen--a surprisingly nice place to live)

I'm pretty happy in Albuquerque, though, and won't be upset if I end up here for a few more years. Nice climate, close to great hiking, and an easy drive home (to Norman).

Places I wouldn't move to for any reason: Dallas, Houston, LA, Las Vegas (all fine places, just not a good fit for me) and Taos--a weird place with lots of strange people. I do not understand the Taos infactuation at all.

3. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

i hear that about dallas all the time, and yet when you talk to people who live here......most absolutely love it

4. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn 'Spek, out.

Stay the hell away from LA. But that has apparently already been covered on this thread.

San Diego, Austin, and New York City are my top three in no particular order.

5. Jerk

Jerk SoonerFans.com Elite Member

5. Sapulpa
    4. Bristow
    3. Stroud
    2. Chandler
    1. Wellston

Honorable mention - Shamrock, Davenport, Kellyville

6. Okla-homey

Okla-homey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

My top Five in no particular order:

Charleston SC*
    Portland OR
    Kansas City M0*
    Nashville TN*
    Tulsa OK*

* I've actually lived in or very near these cities

7. Pieces Hit

Pieces Hit New Member

Foyil
    Chelsea
    Bushyhead
    Tiawah
    Talala

8. Soonerchaz

Soonerchaz New Member

Chicago - mixed reviews on this town from previous posts...but it's the best American city in my opinion. Great sports town...great energy and still that solid midwest "feel". Every visit I've had has been great. The folks may not be Oklahoma friendly...but certainly not rude.

NYC - you can't wrap your head around how massive this city is. Too much to see...too much to do. I was pleasantly suprised how clean it was and how friendly the people were.

DC - Lived there for 4 years. Very transient city...incredible mix of people. Expensive...yes. But plenty of FREE things to see. And much more to this city than the museums on the mall.

San Antonio - my folks live there. Best Texas city.

Flagstaff - very pretty and crunchy if that's your thing. On my last visit I saw a guy that looked like Jesus walking barefoot downtown in mid-January.

Tulsa - currently live here. Have really learned to love it.

Wasted 2 years in Florida. Never again. Most depressing state I've ever visited.

9. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

I'm willing to bet that anyone that negged NYC has never spent more than a long weekend to a week there.

I moved there when I was about to turn 26. I was single and the world was my oyster. I wouldn't trade the experiences there for anything else.
    Tons of women from all over the country/world, great eating, EXCELLENT nightlife (nothing closes til 4 or later), good beaches within an hour +, skiing within a 4 hr drive, ****loads of sports teams, women, and you can really get a great opportunity in business if you work hard. No one will bull**** you and stab you in the back like they will in many places. If you suck, you will be told you do. Plus, the OU alum association is doing pretty well. Chances are, you will bump into someone you know at a watch party.

Some people can't take it. Though.

Others-
    Providence - up and coming and plenty close to Boston with out the traffic.
    San Diego
    Denver
    Charleston area (although the whole south will rise thing is creepy at times)
    Chicago, I haven't been there in a while, but I hear it's cleaned up it's act. I was scared at more times there than in NYC and I lived in Spanish Harlem for a month.

10. Jimminy Crimson

Jimminy Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Five favorite cities on the Turner Turnpike:

lol