1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Classlessness by UT

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SicEmBaylor, Jan 5, 2006.

1. footballfanatic

footballfanatic New Member

"Texas fight" is probably what they were saying. It's our main cheer.

2. footballfanatic

footballfanatic New Member

If you listen to the Texas chants backwards, you can hear "I buried Paul."

3. LifelongSooner

LifelongSooner New Member

It was One More Year and then THANK YOU VY.

4. Stoop Dawg

Stoop Dawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What?!? If they're not singing "I've been working on the railroad" then what ARE they singing???

5. sas

sas New Member

I thought they were singing "I am vexed by Maya Angelo"

6. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

they could have been sayin, "what a night...vince dont stab me in a fight"

7. Texas Golfer

Texas Golfer SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If they were chanting, "Just like White", they were referring to Lendale White who couldn't get that last yard. I'm sure it had nothing to do with Jason since we all know that Whorn fans just love us.

8. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Look at the bright side Sic. The word, "Baylor" probably will never again be heard after Jan. 1st on a college football game telecast...ever.

Enjoy your moment. :D

9. 47straight

47straight New Member

I've witnessed Jason White bashing - verbal and t-shirt - several times this year by texas fans. It happens, and yes, it makes no sense.

10. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub New Member

Two things were chanted after the game by Texas fans:

The first was "One More Year", as has been mentioned.

The second was "Heisman Recount", which was a much smaller group of people over by the ABC sports broadcast table once the stadium had already cleared out quite a bit.

There was no "worse than Baylor", "overrated", or anything about White cheers whatsoever. In fact, when Mack Brown was being interviewed by the guy on the podium and one of the first things he said was to congratulate SC and that they have an unbelievably good football team, the ENTIRE UT side of the stadium applauded.

11. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

This was way after the trophy presentation. The field was mostly deserted save for some stragglers in the stadium and some sort of UT Spirit Crew or something of that nature.

12. SicEmBaylor

Okay, so a UT friend of mine came over tonight with a DVD of the entire ESPN/ABC post-game show(s) to somewhat prove to me I misheard.

After listening to this at least 30 times, I'm now basically sure I misheard the White chant. However, the Baylor chant still sounds like a Baylor chant to me even if my friend denies hearing it himself. So perhaps I'm just ultra-paranoid and too sensitive. If so, I apologize to all of the Longhorn fans who I may have ****ed off or offended

Disclaimer: Though I apologize, I do enjoy ****ing off Longhorn fans.

13. TheGodfather889

TheGodfather889 New Member

If Texas fans were chanting something bad about Jason White it would be pretty stupid. Kind of like when they made the Oklahomo tshirt with Jason's picture on the front that's pretty stupid since Jason was 3-0 against the Horns.

14. SanDiegoSoonerGal

SanDiegoSoonerGal Allegedly Pokish

Texas fans being stupid? oh....wait... :D

FirstandGoal likes this.
  15. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

I like this Avvie Much better :D

16. BOOMERBRADLEY

BOOMERBRADLEY Well-Known Member

Okay let me put this thread to rest once and for all.

I went back and watched my DVD of that game again, and the part I believe everyone is referring to with Craig James and company the UT fans are chanting "BEST TEAM EVER" I thought it was hilarious along with a player from Texas being asked "How did you manage to beat this USC team"? To which the UT player replied "Well, I guess we are the bestest of the best offense EVER"

Anyway, hope this helps.

17. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

this is badger once again... just a disclaimer.

sicem, you're better than the #2 team in the country! as for white, he is signing autographs at every OU home (and a lot of away) games. if usc had real fans, reggie/leinart might have the luxury.

on the other hand, they're headed to the nfl.

18. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

Hey! How about... who cares...
    Jason White beat UT three times, that's 14-3, 65-13, 12-0...
    Who cares what they might have said about JW. There are some UT fans who have incredible respect for JW, others just hate anything red by default.

19. SicEmBaylor

Alright then I was completely wrong. "Best Team Ever" is the only suggestion that sounds anything like "Worse than Baylor."

So maybe UT fans aren't quite as bad as I thought, or they are just not for this. :D

20. West Coast Horn

West Coast Horn New Member

If you really think there was a Baylor chant at the Rose Bowl after winning the NC, you are an idiot. I was in the Texas section, there was no such chant.

Flagstaffsooner likes this.