1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU vs couch burners....

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Soonerjeepman, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The good is buddy doesnt have to score 30 for us to win. Lattin stepping up. Spang just looks spent...cant believe McNeece cant give us any time

2. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah baby. Nice win against a team that lives off mugging your ***. Hard to watch. They make great plays hustling but also body the **** out of you.

They get bounced come tourney time bc those refs actually call fouls.

Cousins showed signs of a pulse and Lattin and Spangler played great today. Even Buford contributed besides his propensity to jack up bricks from 3.

I love that this team is winning some tough games. That'll serve em well down the road. They got heart.

#1 Baaaaby! Atleast for a week. Hopefully they find another gear in the next two bc they're gonna be tough.

3. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That's just the way Spangler looks. He was a beast today, IMO.

4. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Yeah I really hate the WV style of BB. Sole goal is to ugly the game and put the pressure on the refs to make a decision to blow the whistle knowing good and well the refs will let stuff go because they don't want to blow the whistle every possession. This of course frustrates the other team because fouls that are normally called are ignored and thus begins a downward spiral of hacking, fouling and just generally ugly BB.

I understand it from the WV perspective because as a team they have zero incentive not to play that way. Individually they just aren't that talented. I just wish the officials did not have a sliding scale of calling fouls.

5. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

Well WVU just makes it ugly with their chaotic press.

We turned the ball over 18 times, shot under 30% from the field and still pulled out a win.

Ames might be a breath of fresh air..lol

6. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Don't say that about Hilton Magic....those fans have a way of really
    getting their team going.

About WV, why is Huggins on a stool? Health? Second, WV should
    be arrested, AS A TEAM, for assault!...jus sayin'...

7. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

No I know about Hilton. it is a tough place to play. Not facing the press will be welcome I am sure.

Facing Niang again will not be.

8. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Yup. This. That was some ****-poor officiating. WV should have fouled out at least 4.

9. Soonerjeepman

And burton...we had no match up for him

10. Soonerjeepman

Yup...my boss refs small college games and he said as much...they wont call the easy foul cause they'd foul 5 guys out. Wv knows they'll get away with "touch fouls" for that reason.

11. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

As said, ugly win. Lattin still improves every game. If he could only learn to catch one of Cousins's quick dishes as Isaiah drives the lane. He as well as Cousins improved their FT %. Buford contributed as well.

These close wins will built character down the road.

5-0