1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU vs couch burners....

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Soonerjeepman, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Should be an interesting game.

Will the OU team that showed up at Lawrence show or the 20 TO, un-energetic team the last 2 games show?

Obviously there are 4 things that stand out to me.

#1. Press...can we handle it? I know when I coached we'd run 6-7 on starting 5 to create that crazy press

#2 3's we HAVE to hit 45% or better

#3 Bigs - we not only need to limit theirs, but we need 20 points from ours

#4 Bench - we need some production, even if it's just time that isn't negative.

I know, that sounds like every game...but there are some differences in up coming opponents (bu we'll need to be efficient against the zone)

Great day....Sooners at 3, Chiefs at 3:30...

2. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Do the Mountaineers travel with their own couches or do they shop
    the local thrifts to upgrade their celebrations?

3. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

#1 - This is the key to everything else. WV's game plan is predicated on one premise, full court pressure to create turnovers. Live ball turnovers leading to easy baskets because they are not a good shooting team. If OU wins or holds serve in the turnover battle then they win the game. Watched quite a bit of the WV-KSU game and KSU did a good job handling the VW press. As a matter of fact the full court pressure by WV was probably more detrimental then helpful as KSU got some front court numbers advantages that led to easy buckets because of the way the KSU guards broke the front court pressure. I wasn't impressed by the WV execution but their commitment to pressure is relentless and they aren't afraid to commit some fouls along the way. Because they go so deep, even though they commit a lot of fouls they don't have guys foul out. .....We need to hit our free throws.

#3 Bigs - Would like to see our big guys sell out to defend the paint and BLOCK OUT. The VW bigs are really just bangers....but tough bangers. They don't have the ability to pop out and hurt you with 3 pointers. Their damage will come within a few feet of the basket. Williams really is a load in the paint. It would be nice to see some productive minutes on defense from Manyang. Which leads us to......

#4 Bench - Here is where OU may have a problem. WV will throw 9-10 guys at you and pressure you from start to finish. It would be nice if we could rotate our guards. Right now Walker is the only guard Kruger has shown much confidence in off the bench. James needs to be able to step up and play some productive minutes. They will just have to have more than 5 minutes or so out of these guys.

4. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

Poor shooting first half, few to many turnovers. game is tied.

5. Sooner95

Get Hield more looks. I like the aggressiveness of Buford and Walker off the bench. Attack Attack the paint. WVU loves to foul.

6. Soonerjeepman

Horrible decidion by cousins

7. Soonerjeepman

Why the **** do we not set any #$!## inbounds play

8. Soonerjeepman

Hate to say it but if it gets 12 to 14 pt game we're done. Wv feeds off that

9. Soonerjeepman

Not boxing out on boards...wv has a butload of guys with 3 fouls...but foesnt matter

10. Sooner95

Better def, attack the rim on offense. These guy foul nearly everytime.

11. Sooner95

We are shooting 29%...someone needs to get going. Hield having problems getting open.

12. Sooner95

Better. Attack Attack.

13. Soonerjeepman

Yup...

Bullcrap call

14. Sooner95

Yea. That was a charge.

15. Sooner95

Figures. that Paige kid is a pain in the ***.

16. Soonerjeepman

Unfrickinbelievable. ..jeeze. we just cannot make smart plays. Bad shots...no movement

17. Sooner95

Hell Yeah!!!! LATTIN NICE TIP IN!!

18. Sooner95

Ugly *** game. I'll take the win.

19. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Welp, I hope the Sooners have all the UGLY games out of their system!
    They're winning them but, Geez, this old man can't beat the spread! :biggrin:

20. Soonerjeepman

Yes...ugly win. Got to turn around..big moday at ames. I know cousins is the pg...but dang he makes some poor decisions.