1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ou at texas

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

lol, I'm picking softball to make it all the way...don't forget the gymnastics squads are #1 and #2 or 3 as well...lol

2. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Anybody want to put money on OU not making the NCAA?

Its a lock for me.

3. GDC

GDC New Member

I just hope this doesn't get into their heads too much. Cousins is a mental wreck right now and Grooms looked shellshocked by the end of regulation. I guess we'll see if Krueger has a way to keep them going.

4. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The team has some talent but they are just so undisciplined at critical times and Kreuger seems to go into a shell in the second half. Kept wiating for him to call a time out when UT was cutting into the 23 point lead but he didn't do it until the lead was down to 9 with UT shooting 2 free throws.

5. Blue

I agree with that. Cousins looks like a lost puppy.

6. FaninAma

If they were a bubble team before this game they are off the bubble now. ISU is a bad matchup for them so I wouldn't be suprised to see them lose that game at home especially if they can't get this game out of their heads. Beating a below average WVU and horrible TCU team isn't going to help them get into the tournament unless they win 2 in the conference tourney.

the team choked especially Kreuger.

7. Soonerjeepman

I think OU has to lose 2 out of 3 left and lose first round of Big12...if OU wins out they're in, our RPI and schedule are too good. Lots of different scenarios..

Win out and lose first round of B12 in
    win 2/3 and win first round of B12 in - lose first round of B12 maybe
    win 1/3 and win 2 games in B12 prob in - lose first round of B12 out

I say we HAVE to win at least 1 out of 3 PLUS 1-2 games in B12 minimum...

yes it would really be a crapper to make the NCAA but I thought NIT at beginning of season with an outside shot at ncaa...for me nit is better than what we've had.

I will add, I went and saw our 6'10 signee...ummm, let's say not what I expected. He's not B12 post caliber yet...but who knows what he'll do when he gets here.

8. Blue

Thing is, we aren't even mentioned on the bubble. Baylor is. ISU is. Not OU. Rpi is 21. SOS is 7.

I bet we're not on the bubble after tonight. How much you want to wager?

9. FaninAma

You may be right if the selection committee just looks at the score and not how the game played out. If we lose to ISU we are on the bubble. If we lose our first game in the torney we are out of the NCAA and our first round game just got harder thanks to tonight's choke job.

How in the hell do you lose a 23 point lead in 7 1/2 minutes?

10. kevpks

kevpks New Member

Bad loss, but all of this talk about OU being on the bubble is BS. It's way too premature for that talk. OU remains in a solid position for the tournament even after this loss. Yes, we can't lose the rest of our games but few teams could afford to end the season with four losses. Not going to happen.

11. Blue

I could see that. I just think this team is pretty good. Hopefully they'll rebound [Stoops] In a big way [/Stoops]

12. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

OU is not on the bubble. They're in, and I'd be shocked if that changed.

13. Herr Scholz

Herr Scholz SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You guys are overreacting just because it's Texas and we're so bad this year. But keep some perspective, it's the only bad loss you have. You're in the tourney and playing for seed. I did enjoy that tonight though. The only other highlight we've had all year is a 2OT win over ISU. Wish Kabongo would've been there all year...

14. S.PadreIsl.Sooner

S.PadreIsl.Sooner Well-Known Member

I'm more concerned with how OUr guys guys respond. This is the kind of loss that can really linger! What a Friggin' IDIOTIC gesture after that dunk!!!!!!!!!!

15. Bruiser53

Bruiser53 New Member

Who invited all the Chicken Littles to the party? The Big Dance sky is not falling. Iowa State has been a poor road team all year, and they are also recovering from a crushing loss this week as well. Even if we lose another in the reg season, our conference record will be 11 wins 7 loses. In the past, a winning record in the Big 12 is all but a lock. RPI and SOS has already been mentioned, so we are still in great shape to make the tourney.

That being said, I hope Lon holds a few "spirited" practices the next few days because if we can't handle a press better than a middle school team we've just given the rest of our schedule the golden ticket

16. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

Wait, we lost? Damn, I knew I should have just stayed up to watch it out. The only logical thing to do here is blame it on the refs.

Blue likes this.
  17. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

Boy, coughed that one up..ugh. Crap loss but we are still in tourney. We'd have to lose 2 of 3 and drop 1st rounder in Big12 tourney to not make it..as someone posted before, our RPI and SOS are impossible to keep out.

18. Soonerjeepman

During the game someone posted (I didn't get to watch) that they guys on the bench were laughing because the ut fans were leaving and booing...I'm think this was around the 7/8 min mark when ut made their run.

I posted that was uncalled for...sometimes karma has a way of biten ya back.

You can be excited about a dunk or great shot, some great D...but always make it about yourself. I'm sure the guys thought it was in the bag, they couldn't miss.

I still think OU is in barring a total meltdown. This is a good learning tool, never take your hot shooting for granted, it can get ice cold real quick.

Here's to Sat~

19. kevpks

kevpks New Member

This one is on us, but I did learn that the best thing to do when shooting a three is to jump forward at a defender and flail your arms wildly. Those three free throws do wonders for a comeback.

Also, I love how ESPN never showed the infamous horns down until we were losing. They take very good care of their business partners in Austin.

20. BermudaSooner

BermudaSooner Well-Known Member

that was a horrible...horrible...horrible call. We should never have been in a position where a bad call could cost us the game...but that was a horrible..horrible..horrible call. If you are calling that BS, why wasn't a foul called on the last play of regulation--go ahead and get this game over with.