1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oSu deserves their shot at LSU, and I hope they get it and pull off the win.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by soonerboy_odanorth, Dec 3, 2011.

1. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wasn't Baylor a wake up call. Or Tech. Or BYU or TCU. He ain't gonna wake up any time soon.

2. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman "Love me two times, baby. Love me twice today..."

Naw.....They don't need to go...Did they want to see us go on multiple runs to the BCS title game? Naw....don't think so...

3. GreenSooner

GreenSooner Active Member

I hope that OSU makes it to the MNC championship game. They certainly deserve it (though given the corrupt joke that is the BCS, I'm not expecting that they will).

I can't say i hope they win it, though.

4. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think OSU would lose wherever they go.

5. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

LSU score 60 points?

6. Sooners78

Sooners78 New Member

Because Bama basically outplayed the #1 team in the country for most of the game and lost in overtime. The game could have gone either way. OSU lost to Iowa St. Bama never would have lost to Iowa St. The best two teams in the country (LSU and Bama) will play in New Orleans. It will be a good game. LSU-OSU would be a blowout.

Tear Down This Wall likes this.
  7. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bc you're a psychic right?

How many times have you said, "Team A vs Team B will be a blowout" and it didn't happen that way?

Osu deserves a shot. Bama had theirs.

8. Funky G

Funky G New Member

OSU deserves a shot, and LSU will win convincingly. LSU is a much better team, more physical. The stars aligned for OSU in the Big 12 this year. The "five" Top 25 teams they beat are not so good.

9. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

Dude. This is the truth. Our 600+ and 700+ point, record-setting offenses led by Heisman winning quarterbacks were squashed by SEC defenses. The thought of OSU even scoring against LSU is laughable.

OSU had their butts handed to them by Iowa State, a six-loss team. I hate to break it to all, but beating the 2011 Sooners isn't like beating the 2011 Crimson Tide.

Alabama and LSU have, by far and away, the best two teams in the country.

Now, what should happen, if the Rose Bowl people weren't such fags, is a game between Oregon and Oklahoma State...if you could keep your eyes on the TV, that is, for the non-stop crappy uniform assault.

TitoMorelli likes this.
  10. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

Exactly.

11. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

OSU deserves a shot, and i think i'd rather them win than LSU getting it handed to them yet again in NOLA

if i wasn't an OU fan, i wouldn't even feel sick saying that, i don't think

12. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm not arguing that bama isn't better, I'm arguing that they already lost at home to LSU. I never want to hear that in college football, "The regular season is a playoff and matters."

13. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I can visualize the orange aggy smack, if they EVEN GET INTO THE NC game. Even that would play hell with OU's recruiting, let alone if, God forbid, they would actually beat LSU...

14. Zin

Zin New Member

I want OSU to go so they can experience those oh so charming LSU fans! lulz.

15. the-rover

the-rover New Member

They deserve the chance, but I think they don't get it.

I think they will get hammered if they get a shot.... Lsu has a team that will actually try to put pressure on weeden.... and will.

16. kenth68

kenth68 Member

agree. no one, including coaches did their jobs this game. all three games they lost, and a couple they barely won, they came out unprepared, confused and acted as if they were supposed to win by merely showing up and were shocked that wasn't the case.

as for osu, they should get the nod for the nc game. alabama already lost to lsu, and osu lost on a day with extenuating circumstances for the entire school.

17. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

OSU-Oregon would be way better. Love to see OSU get the ball tossed over and ran around them all night long.

I don't want the stepchild to even have a trip to the NC to wave in front of recruits noses.

18. TitoMorelli

TitoMorelli New Member

There is precedent in this travesty of a system called the BCS for the Pokes to make it to the NCG. In 2006 voters who had kept Michigan at #2 following its last game against Ohio State opted for Florida the next week. And in 2007 LSU moved all the way from #7 to #2. In the former case voters had kept Michigan at #2 following their loss to the Buckeyes, then reconsidered after Florida won the SEC championship game. And in 2007 several higher-ranked teams bit the dust in order to let a two-loss Tiger team slip in.

One difference between this year and 2006 is that unlike Michigan, Alabama dropped out of the number 2 spot and then earned its way back up the ladder. Michigan remained at #2 following its loss to tOSU, which in retrospect was a pitiful act on the part of the polls.

If the BCS required teams to win their conference in order to play for the national title, or dictated that big-rivalry games played in early November (or early October, for that matter) should be the overriding factor for getting into the NCG, then the ags would be the deserving team, hands down. But those aren't the criteria. And so we have two teams that deserve to face LSU. And a crappy system that leaves one out.

19. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Alabama has one loss, to the #1 team in the country. Can anyone top that? Doesn't prove they are better than OSU, but it looks way better than OSU's single loss.

20. SoonerAlways

SoonerAlways New Member

To those that are so impressed with how badly OSU beat OU, just think about this:

How badly would Alabama have beaten OU last night given the way we played?