1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oSu deserves their shot at LSU, and I hope they get it and pull off the win.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by soonerboy_odanorth, Dec 3, 2011.

1. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

LSU/OSU would be a horrible match-up for this fan because I cannot stand either team. I support the Sooners all the way and will be happy to root for Alabama against LSU, but I will NEVER root for OSU to win after the way they talk smack everytime we win. They spend more time wishing for us to lose then them to win so I am only too happy to wish them a loss in whatever bowl game they go to. I wouldn't fit well in the SEC where you are supposed to put the conference first. There is only one team I care about in the Big 12 and that is the Sooners!

2. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman "Love me two times, baby. Love me twice today..."

Amen!

I'd rather see OSU in the Fiesta Bowl. However, if they don't go to the BCS game this time it will be another cold day in Hades before they get the chance again. I'll be cheering on Hades!

3. oumartin

oumartin New Member

Wow I said this a week ago and got sacrificed.

Of course I will not root for osu

4. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Folks said Texas beating USC for the NC would hurt OU. They why does Texas suck so bad these last two years?

5. cantwait48

cantwait48 New Member

I am trying real hard to figure out what 5 teams osu beat that are in the top 25, can someone help me out? I see baylor, ou and kstate from the current coaches poll. The last bcs poll had texas who will clearly drop out this week and for some unknown reason missouri with 5 losses who I guess might stay in it but that would only be 4.

6. Dan Thompson

Dan Thompson New Member

They deserve a shot, but LSU would win big time.

7. TXBOOMER

TXBOOMER New Member

OSU lost to Iowa State. They are not getting in.

8. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

People that support a playoff shouldn't want OSU in.

9. GreenSooner

GreenSooner Active Member

Huh?

I support a playoff and I want to see OSU in.

We don't have a playoff. We have the trainwreck that is the BCS. And, given the current system, the Pokes deserve a shot. 'Bama had a chance to beat LSU at home and lost.

If we had a playoff, both 'Bama and OSU would make the cut (even if it were only a four team playoff) and that's as it should be.

But we don't.

10. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The coaches should be made to watch how LSU runs a defense and OSU runs an offense. Maybe they could learn something.

11. Jack T.

Jack T. Member

Last night I said OState should get a shot at LSU. Last night I told OState fans I hoped they would *beat* LSU.

However. . .time rolls on, and as more and more OState people come out of the woodwork to crow, I'm changing my tune. I expect that by the time the BCS comes out this evening I'll be hoping for an LSU/Alabama rematch. . .and an OState loss in whatever bowl they play in. At least I can totally ignore an LSU/Alabama rematch. . .

12. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I would bet EVERY one of you saying LSU would blow out OSU also said we'd blow out Tech. NOBODY knows what would happen. And those of you saying Bama would have beaten us worse than OSU need to wake up. Bama has only scored over 44 twice all year. 48 against Kent St and 45 against Ga. Southern. Some of you people really know nothing about football at all.

13. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

I think by the ESPN count they are including A&M, who was #8 at the time, and yes, Texas who was ranked at the time.

14. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

Which, btw, means that we have a clear case of ESPN last night stirring up a whole heap of controversy. Because Bama, if the same "is or was ranked when they beat them" is used, then Bama has 3 victories over Top 25, vs. the 2 they reported all last night. Having said that, I think oSu's 5 victories under that criteria is still clearly more impressive.

15. TitoMorelli

TitoMorelli New Member

Central point, which you made in your post--the situation screams for a playoff, even if it is just four teams or even a 1+1 (OSU-Bama, winner takes on LSU).

Question: If Alabama didn't play LSU during the regular season and had lost instead to another highly ranked team, would Bama be more or less deserving of a spot in the NCG? Their loss would still be against a much better team than Iowa State, and they would still have been more consistently impressive throughout the regular season.

That they lost in overtime to the unanimous #1 team in the country and beat every other opponent by at least 16 points impresses me more than a team that lost to a six-loss team and barely hung on against another six-loss team.