1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK, for season record now I am predicting...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerus, Oct 9, 2005.

1. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

IF we get above .500. There are no gimmes this year.

2. OKC-SLC

OKC-SLC SoonerFans.com Elite Member

no, i got it. spek for mrowl.

you can take my sooner football, you can take my teams' mojo, but you can never take my sense of humor dammit.

3. sas

sas New Member

proved my point

thanks

4. The_Red_Patriot

The_Red_Patriot New Member

If chuck long grows some balls, then maybe 8-4, if not, 6-5

5. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Basically every post I've seen from you lately is something negative about Stoops. What do you think he should do? Honestly. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers because, yes, it is obvious that we suck. It also is obvious that we are very young too. What do we need to do to improve?

Take a look at Florida St., Florida, Miami, Ohio St., A&M among many others. Sometimes teams go through bad stretches.

6. SOONER44EVER

I don't know what we should do. If I did I'd be making the 2.5 mil. per year. What I do know is that this team isn't very good. I've seen people bashing Thompson, Bomar, Long, Venables and lots of other players and coaches. Stoops gets all the credit when we win but every time someone on this board says the slightest negative thing about him after a loss lots of people get upset. He is the guy in charge making the big $$. Why is it so wrong to criticize Stoops?

7. sas

sas New Member

The buck stops with Stoops.

But taking the current issue and making it all about his legacy is stupid IMO.

That's a tangent that really has no bearing on fixing the problem.

8. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I have no problem AT ALL with you criticizing Stoops, just thought you may have some answers as to what he should do.

9. Blues1

Blues1 New Member

Right Now Looks Like a 6-5 Season to me - And Hopefully Minor Bowl Victory gives us a 7 - 5 Season Record,

Even though the players need that extra practice time before a Bowl Game - Those 6 and 6 Seasons after a Bowl game are almost a Bowl Joke - I'd almost rather go 6 and 5 without a Bowl Game than to be 6 and 6 after one.

Everything and Anything above 7 and 5 would be Great for this Sooner fan -

For me a 8 and 4 season would be a very pleasant Surprise - A 9-3 Season would Shock me at this point - But Would *Jump for Joy* at that result - IMHO - for this team to go 8 and 4 or better yet - "9 and 3" we are gonna need whole lot of SOONER MAGIC - and a allot of Ref's on our Side....!

A loss to Tech or Nebraska could be swallowed even though it would hurt bad - but a loss to Baylor - A&m or osu sucks would be like having sand thrown in your face after somebody already knocked the crap out of you....

Hopefully we won't have to face that kind of season - and all this is based on the reasoning we won't be here next week talking about a loss to KU - Cause If that happens I see a whole of Rebellion from the fans - But who knows maybe that would be enough to change things for the Better --

Sorry to say but - without AD nothing is in the bag for the rest of the Season...That makes Every Game a "Must Win" from here on out....and that's allot of pressure on these guy's - It's time we get Rockin' - Bomar and the team need to step up now - To be Winners or Loser's the choice is at Hand....What's it going to Be...???

Just Keep Rockin'

Last edited: Oct 9, 2005
    OKC-SLC and SOONER44EVER like this.
  10. SOONER44EVER

Excellent post Blues.

11. jacru

jacru New Member

You're right Blues, 7-5 and a bowl victory is the minimum acceptable for this year. And that just for a D+ grade.

12. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

9-3, the combined record of the teams that have beaten us is 15-1...should be 16-0...

13. wishbonesooner

wishbonesooner New Member

14. OU-HSV

OU-HSV SoonerFans.com Elite Member

my thoughts exactly

15. Soonerus

Time will tell...I actually see the beginnings of some real positive for this team....

16. OU-HSV

:confused: What things have you seen that are real positive. (I'm not trying to sound like an ass...just curious)

17. Soonerus

I think Bomar shows signs of greatness, we clearly can stop the run against anybody, Joe Don looks good, Reggie Smith has made some great plays (and some bad ones but I think the bad will be eliminayed with experience which he is getting), kicking game is solid, we seem to be getting control of dumb turnovers...to name a few...

18. Soonerus

Also, it appears schedule will be weaker from here on in...

19. OU-HSV

It's just too bad it can't all happen right now..IMO it obviously looks as if it's gonna be a harsh rest of the season and we'll need to improve a lot next offseason. But as others have said, offensively we just play inconsistently and struggle to move the ball consistently. But I agree about Rhett having sparks here and there and Joe Jon has shown his ability to play..and so on.

20. Soonerus

I think they will get their this season...it is amazing the confidence young players can gain against weaker teams...