1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offishul THUNDER vs Lakers playoff thread!!!

Discussion in 'OKC Thunder Talk' started by Collier11, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2. Jello Biafra

Jello Biafra New Member

as a lifelong bulls fan, i love jackson but, he was was full of shiite when he made this comment. i hope sefalosha smokes kobe bryant.

3. Collier11

Especially after all the calls that Jordan and now Kobe get

4. ...sooner

...sooner New Member

this was pathetic on jackson's part. im glad kevin said what he said & he did it in a good way. Lets go KD!

5. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

See I think this is part genius on Jackson's part. Why not stir up a little controversy. I guarantee you the refs will take note now and swallow their whistles a little bit more because of it. Lets see if for the series Durant averages less trips to the line than he did during the season.

6. Collier11

it could also backfire on Jackson and maybe Kobe wont get all the calls he gets, you can look at this two different ways. Id hate to **** off a guy who just put up 30ppg in his 3rd nba season

7. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Something tells me Jackson having the most NBA titles of any coach might carry a little more weight than Durant at this point of their respective careers. I could be wrong though.

8. Collier11

yea but the refs get sick of this sh*t also, it could easily go against him

9. Mark_in_Tulsa

Mark_in_Tulsa New Member

Well Phil was kinda right. KD does go to the line 39% more than Kobe. And Kobe takes more shots and plays inside more than KD.

Kobe has never had near the ratio of FTa per FGa that KD has this year.

Eielson likes this.
  10. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That pretty well does away with the "Kobe calls" argument.

11. Collier11

show me the % of shots in the lane between Kobe and Durant and if they are close to even ill buy it, otherwise Phil is just being Phil

12. Mark_in_Tulsa

Mark_in_Tulsa New Member

Well I don't have time to add it all up, but KD shoots less FG attempts per game but he shoots more 3pt's a game. KD is more of an outside jump shooter.
    Kobe is a guard that posts up most of the game on wing and in the key.

If you google "nba hot spots" It will break it down each spot on the floor where each player in the NBA takes their shots from and their % of making them.

13. Sooner13

Sooner13 New Member

Have you ever watched a Thunder game? It took me a whole 30 seconds to add up the number of shots taken "inside"

Durant - 918
    Bryant - 886
    I thought Kobe played "inside" more?

Collier11 likes this.
  14. Collier11

thats what I was thinking, Kobe is more or less a jump shot first type of guy these days, Durant spends alot of time driving to the hoop

15. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I really don't see how this is spinning off to a Kobe argument. All Phil Jackson said was that Durant was getting superstar calls. Obviously Jackson thinks other superstars get favorable calls. Nothing was said about Kobe. The fact that he was brought up basically concedes the fact that Durant does get superstar calls, which would make Jackson right.

16. Mark_in_Tulsa

Mark_in_Tulsa New Member

Sorry I was talking about inside the 3 pt line. KD takes a higher % of outside shots over Kobe. But if we are talking about just inside the key, it looks like there is a 2% difference between the players in favor of KD. But he has a 39% increase in ft attempts.

And I appreciate you taking 30 sec's to add it all up. I really couldn't do that from my phone.

17. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Kobe is an outside shooter these days, more like a Mark Price...

18. misplacedsooner

misplacedsooner New Member

yeah, these days kobe takes alot more fadeaways avoiding contact where kd is always looking for contact

19. SoonerStud615

SoonerStud615 New Member

Here's a reminder of what happened the last time the Lakers were THUNDERSTRUCK.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Chuck Bao

Chuck Bao SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm just loving the Thunder and Durant now. I am loving that Oklahoma City is being mentioned positively in news articles of NBA playoffs, against the LA Lakers, no less.

I am just hoping that my TV cable carries the game.

Edited to add: dang, the game isn't being shown here. I have about 5 channels of European soccer, one channel of golf, one of baseball and one of the NHL playoffs. As if Thais know or care anything about either baseball or hockey.