1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offical coundown to the start of the 2008/2009 season

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Sooner24, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Sooner04

Sooner04 New Member

'02 team lost to Indiana in the Final Four.

'03 team has nobody to blame but themselves for having to play Syracuse in Albany. We play Texas on the last day of the season and blow a double-digit lead in the second half AT HOME! Texas ends up getting the #1 seed in the San Antonio regional while we get shipped to Albany. Beat UT, and we go to the Alamo City. It was our fault.

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Yeah, because basketball extends into two calendar years, I can get those mixed up - my frosh year was 2001, but also 2002, so I remember that Elite Eight year as my sophomore year in 2002... but also 2003.

I was following women's basketball more then - it was unfortunate that the women had such a dropoff in 2002-03 from 2001-02 compared to the men.

:D Ah well, women still pwn men in actual attendance.

3. badger

No takers for today?

Ok then, I choose today as "copout day" ;)
    [​IMG]

4. SleestakSooner

SleestakSooner New Member

5. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

6. Sooner98

Sooner98 New Member

Anyone else go to the game tonight? Of course this was just Panhandle State, but I think the excitement and hype for this team is totally warranted. Blake had several absolutely sick dunks, Cade Davis and Omar Leary were draining threes left and right, and Willie Warren looked really good, too. Lots of new faces on the team - we'll see how they develop. Blake's gotta stay healthy this year.

7. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I was there. Willie looked good; he's very smooth with the ball and has some quickness. Nice rotation on his shots, too. Blake totally abused at least their entire team and maybe the coach and parents, too. On the dunk where he teabagged #40, I saw him start driving and thought, "this isn't going to end well for that guy" and sure enough, he got posterized. Shooting was a little rusty for Ray and Tony, but it's early and I'm sure they'll find their stroke. Taylor looked good, too. It was only Panhandle State, but I liked the performance.

8. Sooner04

Sooner04 New Member

9. badger

A tribute to the eighth all-time leading scorer in OU men's basketball history, Alvan Adams:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After all, he was nicknamed the "Oklahoma Kid." :D

10. Sooner04

Sooner04 New Member

Tell you what, badger, you win.

It's your thread.

11. badger

I didn't know we were competing. I was just contributing. It was your Big Eight symbol that made me think of Alvan. :)

12. badger

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And hopefully also...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. badger

A tribute to the other Oklahoma basketball teams of now and the past...
    [​IMG]
    CP3 meets CP3 :D

14. Sooner04

Sooner04 New Member

Yes, because that belongs in a thread devoted to counting down the start of OU Men's Basketball.

15. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Of course then Syracuse promptly dispatched of Texas in Nawlins. We definitely have a better chance against 'Cuse in Nawlins than in Albany, but I don't know if we woulda won.

It woulda been nice to go to two straight Final Fours, though.

16. okienole3

okienole3 New Member

[​IMG]

I remember him as No. 3.

There is also this guy.

[​IMG]

17. okienole3

okienole3 New Member

For tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. badger

There are plenty of reasons to watch OU men's basketball this season... reason number 2... EBI ERE! :)

You seem to be having trouble hosting getty images- right-click save them and use a site like tinypic.com (no, they don't ask you if fish are dumb when you host through them). Were the pictures other images of the same players, or of different ones?

19. Sooner04

Sooner04 New Member

When Ebi comes marching home again, ERE, ERE!

20. soonermix

soonermix New Member

holy crap does the season really start friday???

who knew there was college basketball before march????