1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama is off the deep end. "Business owners can thank government for their success."

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by BigTip, Jul 16, 2012.

1. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

2. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Re: Obama is off the deep end. "Business owners can thank government for their succes

Agree with ya on the fact we need to end this Social experiment and get our country back on track

3. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: Obama is off the deep end. "Business owners can thank government for their succes

At great risk to some resting heartbeats and attending blood
    pressures, I read that article twice and all I could see was
    the prez telling people that a lot of people helped create
    success by doing a lot of little things, and some not so little
    to help successful people be successful. Considering it was
    a Foxnews headline that only told part of the story.....

Heh, flame on.....

4. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

Flaming? Hardly. Just putting it out there for people to read and make their own decisions. I couldn't find the link to the Washington Post article that was shown to me relating this story. All I am doing is showing what our president just said two days ago.

Obama_Roanoke.jpg

July 13, 2012: President Barack Obama greets supporters supporters following a rally in Roanoke, Va. (AP)

President Obama, in a speech to supporters, suggested business owners owe their success to government investment in infrastructure and other projects -- saying “if you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that.”
    Obama’s comment Friday during a campaign stop in Roanoke, Va., came just days after he urged Congress to extend tax cuts enacted during the Bush administration only to families earning less than $250,000 annually -- part of his argument that top earners have an obligation to pay more to trim the deficit.

“There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me because they want to give something back,” the president said. “If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen,” he said. “The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-nobody-achieves-success-alone/#ixzz20n1Rv7nN

5. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

so businesses did build roads, bridges and the internet?

6. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

It's a classic which came first, the chicken or the egg, situation.

Where did the money come from to build those roads and bridges? From the government printing money to pay for them? Ha. Maybe these days, but how it really works is where business thrives and generates taxes that then goes to building infrastructure. The "government" pays for nothing! WE pay, we the citizens. This perception problem is one of the huge problems today.

Or go even further back when businesses actually built toll canals and bridges and roads, taking risks and investing money, for possible profits.

7. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Oh brother, he stole that tune from Elizabeth Warren.

He's got nothing to brag on, so he's trying to discount any success others have had.

8. XingTheRubicon

XingTheRubicon SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No, just paid for the lion's share of them so liberals could travel.

9. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I was shocked (not really) that he really said people didn't make their businesses successful, gubment did. What a tool!!! This guy is so far off the deep end, he is certifiable nuts. He needs to visit the Central State Hospital and check in...

10. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So how is that lying hag Fauxcahontas doing in her campaign in Taxachusetts?

11. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

The best thing you can do to ensure an election goes the way you want it to? Go vote and make sure that people that plan to vote like you get to the polls also.

Not that it matters in Oklahoma. I wonder if we can turn an even deeper shade of red than 2008. :D

12. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

It won't matter here in Texas either. If only those Obama fans would just read all the emails and articles that there are there would be no way that he could win in any state. Or so it seems.
    Of course the media does not help at all. Have you heard the story about 20 people fainting at the speech? Obama said that they should seek help from "para legals" If Romney, or "dumb" Bush had ever said that it would be on every news show.

13. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Misspeaking is way overrated. With as many speeches as those politicians make I'm surprised they don't misspeak more often. It gives late night talk show hosts something to fill their hours with, but for voters, it shouldn't matter.

The only time I lived in a battleground state during a presidential election... I was three months too young to vote :(

14. Sooner5030

Sooner5030 Well-Known Member

dear gawd.....it's like Wesley Mouch is his advisor now. I can't wait for the "Equalization of Opportunity Bill".

KantoSooner likes this.
  15. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

Totally agree. The media coverage of such gaffs are not a reflection on the speaker, but of the media.

16. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He is correct...but he uses it as another back stab to the successful...

17. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ye Gods! I couldn't have asked for a better exemplar of his root philosophy. The individual can do nothing; only the collective, acting through the government, evers does anything of worth.
    There it is in a nutshell folks, Democratic political philosophy in less than a tweet.

18. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And conservatives don't?

19. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

I don't see how that goes against what Obama said.

I could say that the presence of government helps businesses become successful and the presence of businesses is a prerequisite for government to exist. This neither contradicts what you said or what Obama said.

20. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

You can "say" whatever you want. But if you want to say the truth, you can know that government makes it HARDER to do business with the rules and regulations and taxes imposed by it. I am not saying we don't need rules. But business does not need government. I am sure there are flourishing businesses in Somali. I am sure that there are different costs of doing business there, but they are not government imposed costs.

Business activity FUNDS government spending. Do away with all business and exactly what do you think the government would be doing? Nothing. No money, no economic activity, no need or money to run a government.

KantoSooner likes this.