1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama is off the deep end. "Business owners can thank government for their success."

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by BigTip, Jul 16, 2012.

1. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: Obama is off the deep end. "Business owners can thank government for their succes

Heh, that's the problem for the Okies....they are paying thousands of day rates.:joyous:

2. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: Obama is off the deep end. "Business owners can thank government for their succes

I didn't say I agreed with everything in the link...

Wal Mart does for more than force efficiency...

It is a great day when you sign the contract to be a supplier...they require massive amounts of product so you ramp up production...hire employees...build new facilities...and all is good...

Next contract comes around and they hammer you for a 10% cut in cost...even though you gave them the best price initially to get that original contract...

If you buck up and refuse to lower the price they tell you there are others that would love the business...

Once you get in you are between a rock and a hard spot...

They do not give a chit about their suppliers...

3. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Fran, you're absolutely corrrect about the way they treat suppliers. I know of several right over in good old Rogers, AR who refuse to do business with them. And that takes cojones of a major scale. But, over all they are merely taking the business of retailing to its logical (and legal) terminus. Small town retailing is hideously inefficient and, for every story of a kindly shop keeper who went broke extending credit to the poor, you've got 15 or 20 who rip off everyone in sight who can't get to a bigbox store.
    I think we need to accept 'Walmart-ism' as the future and get on to adapting. Old fashioned lunch-pail-and-wrench manufacturing jobs are gone forever. The earlier and more convincingly we can make that plain to young people and get them into training for the jobs that will exist, the better.

4. pphilfran

They do run a super efficient business...they have one of the biggest computer systems in the world...they know exactly what sells, where it sells, how much it sells, and when it sells...

It is going to be tough for someone to knock them off their perch...

They did really screw up when they got rid of Action Alley for a period of time...they also reduced the number of products and that pizzed off a lot of customers...

They realized the error of their ways and have backed off on some of those practices and gotten back to more of their basic long term philosophies that Sam put in place....

5. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't see anyone in 'brick and mortar' knocking them off. It's going to require an Amazon type rethink to outflank them.

6. pphilfran

Yep...

7. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

Sure they do, just not to the place where you get free stuff.

8. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

I was with a customer tonight. She is a Hispanic woman that owns a beauty parlor. Hispanic woman, both groups being a majority that vote Democratic. She said something about business, I said that she shouldn't be concerned, because "you didn't build that" anyway.

HOLY COW! She went off like a rocket. She said that was the most stupid thing she had ever heard. She had voted for Obama last election but she is actively telling her friends to change this time around.

So uh......I guess it is going to make a difference with a lot of folks.

Just thought I would share that enjoyable exchange. It was VERY enlightening and encouraging to me.

9. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Very heartening. I can only hope that this is the case come election day.

10. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

very heartening that like most conservatives apparently, she doesn't know the language well enough to not get confused with a statement taken out of context ;)

11. XingTheRubicon

XingTheRubicon SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Like most liberals, he'll be unemployed in a few months.

RedStripe likes this.
  12. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

Yes, the statement taken by itself is slightly out of context. Sure the rest of the speech softens it a little. But it doesn't soften the fact that Obama thinks the government is the end all of everything. Only the government can save you. It's an extremely telling thing he said, even if he did steal the idea, he has embraced it.

13. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

Yah!
    Obama meant to say that he built that!

He wants all the credit....and NO BLAME!
    He bult $5 Trillion more debt....yes, he built that!..... by not leading the nation and his party in the Senate to pass a budget in 3 years!
    To Demoncrats. hiding and blaming someone else is prefferd to taking action!
    :confusion: