1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I believe.

Discussion in 'The Catacombs' started by BigRedJed, Sep 21, 2005.

1. BigRedJed

BigRedJed Mmm... ...ribs.

I believe the third year option is because they are desperately trying to hold onto the OKC market and know NOLA will be a suicide mission. While it's possible OKC will grant them the option, I believe the NBA will force them to relocate to NOLA.

2. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

I believe you're telling me there's a chance

3. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I believe it's about time for a drink.

4. Jimminy Crimson

Jimminy Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hey, its the preseason! :D

5. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That's right. We'll let you have this one. :D

6. BigRedJed

I believe there is an EXTREMELY small chance. I believe if OKC granted the option, it would only be because they believe the NBA ultimately won't allow it, and they want to avoid the PR hit they'd take by denying the option. I believe the best chance OKC has of getting the Hornets in the long run is for them to go back to NOLA ASAP, so that the failure happens more quickly.

I believe there is no way the Hornets now stay in OKC long term with George Shinn as the owner.

I also believe that if the Seattle arena deal doesn't work out (I still believe it will, more than likely), the NBA wants a full season between the departure of the Hornets and the arrival of the Sonics (which could happen no sooner than the '08-'09 season). A season with no hoop will make it more likely for OKC Hornets fans to embrace the Sonics if they come here. Yet another reason a third OKC season is unlikely for the Hornets.

7. BigRedJed

I also believe I will be at the Ford Center for every game, cheering like the Hornets are going to be here FOREVER.