1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Gingrich won South Carolina...

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by StoopTroup, Jan 22, 2012.

1. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And I suppose it is just coincidence that I was raised a Baptist, and my wife is Catholic? :twinkies:

Risk and probabilities might be a good South Oval topic.

2. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

Yet studying the different religions reduces any guess down to probabilities. Then being silent in prayer to God and listening for the Holy Spirits guidance further reduces this guess.

I personally don't believe in denominations. They are prideful men's work. I believe in the virgin born sinless Son of God. Him crucified and risen on the third day. He now sits at the right hand of God and none will come to the Father except through him.

Anyone of any denomination that believes that will enter Heaven. I don't care what denomination they are.

As for other religions, it's easy to find falsehoods with 95% of them. So the guess you speak of becomes a fairly educated one.

3. SoonerAtKU

SoonerAtKU New Member

We're not talking about denominations only. Islam, Judaism, and Christianity all worship the same idea of "God" with different names, different rituals, and different requirements for getting into heaven/going to hell. This is not to mention the hundreds or thousands of other religions, many of whom have as a tenet of faith that they are the chosen people and that non-believers would be dismissed or denied heaven.

I'm tempted to post the famous essay on the Thermodynamics of Hell as it appears to be appropriate in it's premise.

4. SoonerPride

SoonerPride Collector Emeritus

Zeus is not very amused right now.

5. SoonerAtKU

SoonerAtKU New Member

6. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

Since I spoke to the other religions, I understood we weren't just talking about hristianity.

Islam has so many falsehoods easily read in the Quran that it's always laughable to include it as an equal religion worshipping the same God of the Bible. No one that truly studies it believes that to be so. It's easily proven a false religion, but it's un-pc to say it out loud, lest they behead you.

Christians see the fulfillment of the messiah in the Old Testament. Jews simply do not. Not too complicated to understand if you really want to. I suspect you really dont however. But maybe someone else reading this might be interested.

7. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

In a battle to establish factual accuracy of everyone's holy books, only the atheist can emerge from such a competition untarnished.

8. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

Well I guess if you say it, it must be so. I'm sure you know best.

Silly me, I'll just keep listening to the creator over your sage advise. No offense.

9. Ton Loc

Ton Loc Well-Known Member

Yikes, those are such broad strokes you could paint the Sistine Chapel in under an hour.
    Seriously, to deny all other religions and say they are laughably false while undeniably being 100% sure you of your religion is admirable in a fantastically small minded way. A frightening majority of the world’s largest and oldest religions are based on a Messiah rising again and/or a chosen people. The major difference being only in the name of said Messiah or People. To take Christianity as the one true way when it shares so many similarities to other religions (that happen to be much older) is a great testament to your faith.

Disclosure: I'd consider myself a Christian leaning heavily towards agnostic. (I know it doesn't make any sense)

Also: what this has to do with Newt Gingrich - I don't know

10. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

Are you claiming to hear voices?

11. SoonerAtKU

SoonerAtKU New Member

I'll bite, what exactly are the falsehoods you speak of in the 95% of other world religions? Bear in mind, they have to be objectively false, not just false when compared to the Bible.

12. SoonerAtKU

SoonerAtKU New Member

The only people 100% sure of themselves are the devoutly religious and serial killers. A healthy curiosity and willingness to admit to not being certain are very positive traits.

13. Ike

Ike party pooper

Just yesterday, Newt claimed he was the second coming of Christ.

14. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

Since Jesus is the Word made flesh, all I have to do is read his word and pray to "hear" him. So yeah, I guess I hear his voice all of the time.

So did Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Elisha, Elijah, Enoch, Adam, David, Samuel, Paul, Peter, Billy Graham, and most every Christian that reads the Bible.

I don't claim to hear him to the exclusion of anyone else. You could too.

15. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

Right... so like you can do magic and stuff? Neato frito.

Love the list too... Abraham, Isaac . . . Billy Graham? Why not Oral Roberts and Benny Hinn? Whiskey tango foxtrot on that one.

And why is the "Word" capitalized? What you're saying here does nothing to prove the proposition that Christianity is as provable as Islam or Shinto.

16. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

That's actually pretty astute. Gingrich is saying absolutely whatever it takes to win voters. Does he believe any of it? Does it even make sense? Hell no. Of the men left on the stage, Paul is the only one who is not just saying whatever his focus groups tell him to say. I can't really understand why anyone watches these debates, let alone bases their decisions on them. It's pure theater.

17. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

Hmm, I thought atheists are 100% sure. They certainly are devout.

18. 47straight

47straight New Member

You sure do sound sure of yourself, painting with that big ole brush of yours.

19. 47straight

47straight New Member

LiveLaughLove's a nasty theocrat! Lock 'em up!

20. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

Huh? We're white, Christian and middle class! We're being oppressed! (that about sum it up?)