1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Gingrich won South Carolina...

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by StoopTroup, Jan 22, 2012.

1. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Dude seems to have the right recipe....

[​IMG]

TitoMorelli likes this.
  2. soonerhubs

soonerhubs SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Religious bigotry played a role. However, the candidate I actually endorse (Paul) doesn't pander to insiders so in his case, it was voter ignorance that played a role.

3. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I think Newt is faking the eye thing and he gave those Witches his Ex-Wife's eye. I mean....no way he has a surgical procedure until he repeals Obamacare. :D

4. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

Let's see, religious bigotry, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, islamophobia, arachnophobia, claustrophobia, hating the poor, hating the media, hating the unions, hate for illegal immigrants, hate for the environment, hate for women, hate of atheists, hate of the government, hate of those not in the government, hate of those that hate those in the government, hate of those that hate those not in the government, anti-communism, antifacebook, and antisemitism all won it for him.

Did I leave any strawmen out?

Oh wait, I got Gingrich mixed up with Paul on the antisemitism thing. My bad.

TUSooner likes this.
  5. soonerhubs

Aren't you clever? Would a source regarding exit polls? http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/21/lessons-from-the-south-carolina-exit-polls/

6. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

7. soonerhubs

Speaking of a strawman argument. :D

I'm not very clever though. Apparently I needed to do better on my proofreading.

I honestly just thought it was interesting that some voters pointed out that they weren't comfortable with someone from another religion. Instead they would rather support an adulterer. Also, they felt that ethics violations were much less troubling. I.E., I see that some voters have wavering principles in their dogmatic stance against some religions.

I don't support Romney as the nominee, but that's because I prefer a Baptist who will actually reduce the government and quit pandering to the insiders. I'd support Paul if he was Hindu. However, some bigots in the South see things another way.

Oh well. Carry on!

8. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

9. soonerhubs

Fair enough. That is quite the skewed sample. Not very representative.

10. MR2-Sooner86

MR2-Sooner86 Well-Known Member

The GOP can never again claim to be the "family values party." Their hatred for Obama has blinded them from using reason and logic. I mean these people booed the Golden Rule and cheered for NDAA. If I were a Christian I'd be embarrassed to have these bloodthirsty bigots representing me on national television right in the middle of the Bible Belt.

The GOP hated Clinton for being a draft-dodger and cheating on his wife so what do they do? The Evangelicals voted in massive numbers for the most lowlife son of a bitch in the race. Newt cheated on his wife while she had cancer. Not only that, he had the divorce papers delivered to her while she was in the hospital. Then, he dodged the Vietnam draft and had the balls to say, "it was the right war to fight but I wouldn't have made a difference had I gone" trying to defend himself skipping out.

This is coming from a party that just within the past year were ready to chase Weiner out of town with pitchforks and torches for taking nude photos on his iPhone while cheating on his wife. Not to mention the whole "we support the troops" yet they elect a guy who spit in their face with his actions while ignoring the guy the troops actually support.

Also, Newt has said that it wasn't wrong when he smoked marijuana but now it's "morally wrong" so people should go to prison for it but when he did it it "wasn't that bad."

Not only that, while Newt was trying to nail Clinton to the wall for his "immoral behavior," he was doing the exact same thing cheating on his ex-wife with his now current wife.

He might be a lowlife POS but to the GOP, "he's OUR lowlife POS! At least God forgave him! God still hates Clinton!"

What Newt being elected tells me is that the "good ole boy, religious-right GOPers" are lying hypocrites who don't care about values, morals, or their own self image. Newt is no conservative, he has no morals, and he's nothing more than a politician looking out for his only interest, himself.

TUSooner and Chuck Bao like this.
  11. bigfatjerk

bigfatjerk New Member

If you want to really look at the history of the republican party go back it's original president who was probably morally the most bankrupt individual to ever take the presidency and the first progressive president as we know it. You look at his acts and you would think you were talking about Woodrow Wilson, FDR, or Obama.

The republican party tries to at times legislate morality which is how we get DADT, NCLB, the Drug War, the Patriot Act. But really none of these are any different from the myriad of big spending programs democrats have passed like the New Deal, all the Omnibus and spending bills under Obama/Bush, the health care act. All of these have good reasons behind them but just end up adding to our spending, adding to our debt, and adding to our deficit.

Eventually all these acts will just keep on forcing the spending upward. What we need to do is start suffocating the government. I'm not even sure the federal government should be getting any more tax dollars till it proves it can spend responsibly.

I don't see much of a difference between Romney and Gingrich as far as how they will govern. The only difference to me is that Gingrich has the personal baggage. The republican party may claim to be the family values party but family values are pretty much bs in the country anyway.

TUSooner likes this.
  12. Ton Loc

Ton Loc Well-Known Member

Come on now, you already knew that - him being elected would just be another nail in the coffin.

I'm still hoping for Ron just for entertainment purposes and the fact the rest of those guys couldn't be more slimy.

13. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Why don't his detractors just come out and say it:

"Newt won because the Republican voters of South Carolina are more ignorant and less intelligent than I perceive myself to be."

Newt himself may be hard for some to swallow, but intelligence is not one of his low points.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  14. Ton Loc

I'm guessing because it would be easier, faster, and smarter to say, "I'm smarter than South Carolina voters." Your version had too many words. Less intelligent people use more words than needed. Like sports announcers that say "National Football League" instead of NFL because they are scared of silence and aren't smart enough to fill the time with anything else.

15. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Word. If I were Newt, I'd probably be assuming the fetal position after that ex-wife report, because it is likely true, and it just sounds horrible, doesn't it?

Instead, Newt turned around and made it part of his campaign against the "elite media" (again, media people are more lowly paid than teachers from what I've heard, without the public pensions and unions to boot, lol).

South Carolina, IMHO, was making a statement that they were gonna go their own way and not the way people were telling them to go... which means, they likely just chose their first losing candidate in a long time. I forgot how often they chose the eventual nominee, but I think it was a lot. No idea.

People who hate my posts probably think this... but I can't help that I type so fast :D

16. Ton Loc

I was being jerky.
    Dang, badger always trying to keep it civil in here.

17. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

and funny. I try to keep it light hearted too :)

Here... have some "Newt wins SC" funnies:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More here.

Amazing how you can find so many ways to criticize and poke fun at Newt... there's plenty to work with, heh. Here, let me try:
    [​IMG]
    How do you know she's a witch?
    [​IMG]
    She turned me into a Newt!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I got better.

18. Ike

Ike party pooper

19. CarolinaSoonerFan

CarolinaSoonerFan New Member

I'm just glad someone besides Romney won......I voted for Santorum

20. Ton Loc

The South Carolina people cheering and giving standing ovations to Newt while he is talking about cheating on his wife.
    Highest of High Comedy.

[​IMG]