1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Herr Scholz

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by BOOMERBRADLEY, Jun 22, 2011.

1. SoonerofAlabama

SoonerofAlabama Actual Poor Student

I understand. And I know it is impossible for fans to not speculate, but I believe you need to go one game at a time.

2. Herr Scholz

Herr Scholz SoonerFans.com Elite Member

D will be just as interesting as O this year for us. Diaz apparently likes to bring the house more than Muschamp did (rely on the front 4 for pressure mostly). That can be good and also really bad (especially since we're replacing our CBs). We also still need to sort out our rotation at DT. Apparently Taylor Bible is a complete bust and won't be on the team much longer (won't go to class and isn't working hard). We're set at DE/LB/S.

One thing though, you guys will finally have to gameplan for us.

3. TheUnnamedSooner

TheUnnamedSooner Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter which team is down, anything can happen in the RRS, so that game always makes me nervous. FSU, Okla St, and aTm should be interesting.

4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

We'll have something else too --- courtesy of TexasSports.com, the top ten reasons to buy Texas season tickets!

:mack: reason #2???

5. Herr Scholz

What about it?

6. badger

[​IMG]

Oh nothing, Herr. I was just wondering why your school only has two 100-win coaches?

Partial Qualifier likes this.
  7. Herr Scholz

Turnover. Akers, McWilliams and Mackovic didn't stick around long enough.

Flagstaffsooner likes this.
  8. texaspokieokie

texaspokieokie New Member

yep, would've taken them @ least 20 years each.
    :D

9. badger

[​IMG]

So you are suggesting that Mackovic should have stuck around longer to achieve 100 Texas wins? :D

10. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

#6, which led the conference. NU was next at #11.

11. Flagstaffsooner

Flagstaffsooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

utdeals.com

12. texaspokieokie

texaspokieokie New Member

THIS ^^^^^^^^

13. Herr Scholz

No. But in his defense, he did win the last SWC title and the very first Big XII title. His demise came in '97 when we went 4-7. His comment of "well, we won the conference last year and the fans loved that. They'll have to live with this too..." Buh bye. Also his lame comments when he blamed the '97 season on post concussion syndrome.

14. SoonerofAlabama

If I were a Tejas fan, just based off of what I have seen, I would go with the new McCoy. He looked great in the spring game, but that doesn't usually tell much. It definitely seems like he will have his shot since apparently Mack won't be making a depth chart.

15. Herr Scholz

Very weak arm. Bad mechanics. Looks goofy.

16. SoonerofAlabama

Are you telling me Gilbert is the best option?

17. Herr Scholz

No. True Fr. David Ash is our best hope. I'd like to see Connor Wood get a shot because he's the best athlete but apparently he can't throw it into the ocean from a boat from time to time. Not lookng good this season. Maybe Gilbert learns how to not turn it over 2-3 times a game. He seems to throw up his dress every time he's pressured though. And stare down one side of the field every pass play.

18. SoonerofAlabama

Who do you think the best players are on your offense and defense? JW.

19. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

I like the kid. i wanted to see him in the spring game but they didnt really have a lot of time for him. So your nor a big Case fan?

20. Herr Scholz

No. Serviceable at best. Good backup.