1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good thing Shaq doesnt get a vote cus he doesnt like OKC

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by Collier11, Mar 27, 2008.

1. r5TPsooner

r5TPsooner New Member

Bri, you're exactly right! Having lived in a major city for eight years and having access to an NBA, NHL, NFL, and MLB teams, I can honestly say that one of the biggest reasons for us coming back to OKC was to get away from a major city and all that comes with it. I love sports but in eight years of living in a major city, I attended 0 NFL games, 0 NBA games, 1 NHL game, and probably a dozen MLB games. Not to mention that right next door I had a major college which included a great hockey program and nightlife that was on par with any city in the country IMHO.

Unfortunately, crime had become so bad in the last two years, that I decided against attending more games when we extended our family. That's what made OKC so desirable for us. Either you're a big city person or you're not. What some folks dislike about OKC are the things that I adore about it. No traffic, lesser crime and rapes, and getting from point A to B is a snap.

Quite honestly, OKC has made a lot of progress in the time that I've been away. But I predict that if OKC does get an NBA team in the next two years, it'll be gone in less than ten years.