1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cade Davis (Capels first signee)

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by brown town sooner, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Shooterms

Shooterms New Member

Cade poured in 39 and added 11 rebounds tonight against Lawton MacArthur. Mac is very athletic, but had no answer for Cade.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  2. brown town sooner

brown town sooner New Member

80 points and 30 rebounds this week...not bad boys. He had a block that was out of this world....rist above the top of the box on the backboard then grabbed the rebound...went coast-to-coast and hit the layup plus got fouled. Oh yeah...sunk the free throw to boot.

3. brown town sooner

Davis and the Elks take on Woodward tonight at "The Lodge" Should be a good one. I'll keep you posted.

4. SleestakSooner

SleestakSooner New Member

I like that his elbows are all red, that tells me he either can take a lot of contact or is willing to hit the deck for loose balls! Is he wearing a knee brace on that last pic?

5. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Looks like a tendonitis brace.

6. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk SoonerFans.com Elite Member

can't wait to see next year's class.

7. brown town sooner

I believe it IS a tendonitis brace. He's never had any knee problems and the only illness he's had in four years is mono last year that sat him out for about six games. He's definitely a Najara type...hard worker will dive for the loose ball. Didn't have a great game tonight but still finished with 17 pts and 2 rebounds. Next up at Lawton MacArthur on Monday night.

I've been really impressed with Caple so far and I think next year's class, his first, will only enhance his abilities. Should be fun to watch. Those guys this year are a huge surprise. Losing all of those recruits at the beginning of the year sure looked terrible but I think if Caple wins 4 or 5 more Big 12 games you have to consider him for conference coach of the year.

8. SleestakSooner

SleestakSooner New Member

OU is gonna have to finish ahead of KSU for Capel to get coach of the year. Even if that does happen Gillespie may win it if aTm wins the whole thing. I don't mind seeing Billy win down there, but please don't let Huggins win... Go Sooners!

9. brown town sooner

I think Capel will get a serious look if he finishes strong and gets his team into the tournament. Huggins has done a great job but they got BLASTED at KU the other night. If they wilt down the stretch then I think it will come down to between Capel and Gillespie. Gillespie will probably get the nod but I would say that Capel has got to be considered a strong 2nd. He has done a great job with L2. That guy couldn't do crap last year...averaged something like 1.2 pts per game. etc. He's been a force and has looked pretty good at times.

10. Shooterms

Shooterms New Member

Cade scored 22 tonight in the rematch with Lawton MacArthur. 2 of them came right here on a monster dunk over this poor kid.
    [​IMG]

birddog likes this.
  11. brown town sooner

Also grabbed 15 boards and had 7 assists. That dunk was the best I've seen from him.

12. Shooterms

Shooterms New Member

Here's a dunk from tonight's game against Hobart.
    Cade and the Elks finish the regular season 20-0.

[​IMG]

13. brown town sooner

Cade had an o.k. night for him against a TOTALLY outmanned Guymon Tiger team. The numbers:

21 pts
    14 rebounds
    5 assists

next up....Woodward in the Regional Sub-site at Elk on Thursday night, 8:00. The last game to be played in "The Lodge"

14. brown town sooner

18 pts and 15 rebounds tonight in a blowout playoff win against Woodward (59-29) Next up...Elgin at Anadarko on Saturday night...8:00 tip.

15. brown town sooner

Davis had 21 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 blocks and 4 steals in a win over Elgin tonight for the regional championship. The team will play Star Spencer next Friday night at 8:00 in Chickasha for the right to go to state.

16. Shooterms

Shooterms New Member

Here is two of his points, but not one of his rebounds. (No worries, he didn't hurt his elbow on the rim)

[​IMG]

17. SwitzerIsMyKing

SwitzerIsMyKing New Member

Cade just dominated Elgin last night. The Elgin Owl players had no answer for him.

18. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

How do you get these shots?

19. Shooterms

Shooterms New Member

I'm the photographer who took these shots. Are you asking where I got the shots, or are you asking how I took them?

20. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

A little of both. They're pretty damn good. Do you work for a newspaper or something?