1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BTW, I divorced OperaMan

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by proud gonzo, Jul 16, 2013.

1. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

you forgot the screening quiz on the constitution.

2. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

still doing the writing/editing gig?

3. proud gonzo

proud gonzo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm still editing freelance, but I'm working as a technical writer at a company in OKC that develops multimedia training courses for government and military contracts. I'm a technical writer/developer and I'm in charge of QA proofreading and such. Most recently, I've been working on a survival training course for the Army--interesting stuff. I've been working here since Novemberish. I'm also looking into going back to school somewhere for a PhD in English/Literature, but that wouldn't be until Fall 2014, if I can get accepted into any of the programs I like.

4. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

You ever write yer book about us?

5. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Bummer Jess. Oh well, life goes on.

Next time hook up with a postal farmer with a ****pot of kids. You'll be much happier.

proud gonzo likes this.
  6. Jammin'

Jammin' Well-Known Member

Have you considered dating soonerchamp? or are you soonerchamp?

if it's the latter, congrat's! you can go **** yourself!

7. proud gonzo

No, but y'all are my constant source of inspiration :D

8. olevetonahill

:friendly_wink:

9. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

Jess, I am so sorry you had to go through that. I watched my wife (not my wife at the time) go through that with her ex...and it is absolutely heart-wrenching just to be a bystander. I hope you find the happiness that you were so lacking in married life.

proud gonzo likes this.
  10. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

As a plus, you at least came to this decision while you're still young. At least you didn't put 10, 15, 20+ years into trying to make things work only to come to the same realization you've already come to much later down the road.

11. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

I am neither Soonerchamp nor am I certain that I've ever even heard of Soonerchamp.

proud gonzo likes this.
  12. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

An added bonus is that you can still one day be one of those ladies that has been married 5 or 6 times. :D

13. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

Then that must mean you are....

...a COMMUNIST!

14. proud gonzo

I kind of gave up on the idea that things might "work out" when he shot a hole in my ceiling... And he made it very easy not to doubt my decision when he called and told my parents some BS that I'd been cheating on him for a year and a half. I love being slandered. It's the best.

So yeah, thank goodness I made this decision when I did. Wish I'd made it much, much sooner.

SicEmBaylor likes this.
  15. Holy smokes....wow.

16. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I'm assuming that's the literal translation...

Nutjob

17. proud gonzo

Yeah, the bipolar thing is no joke. I mean, I always just thought it was swinging from really happy to really sad, but there are so many other things tied to it. Unpredictable behavior, paranoia, insomnia, anxiety, guilt, anger... It was a lot to deal with.

18. olevetonahill

Hell Ive shot holes in MY ceiling and I aint Bypollock

Was drunk tho and a dayum Bug was crawling around on it so I shot him with a 357. Only took me 4 shots to hit the bastard.

19. proud gonzo

I wish that'd been his reason. LOL

20. olevetonahill

:devilish:

proud gonzo likes this.