1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Besides the fact that the horns ended up winning it all

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Norm In Norman, Jan 5, 2006.

1. westcoast_sooner

westcoast_sooner Well-Known Member

Great bowl season. I can't remember seeing so many good close games, games that came down to the last play, or the last minute. WOW!!! The Sooners beat a highly ranked opponent on the West Coast and the game is exciting (wish we woulda run them outta the stadium, personally, but we WON!!!!! so who cares) to the very end, and the same with the Rose Bowl last night. A Big XII team beating ESPN's anointed ones in their own friggin' back yard!!!!

At least my wife won't come home from work and say "Not football again" until September, and trust me, that's a good thing.

2. RooseveltRoughRider

RooseveltRoughRider New Member

Your kidding right..?

3. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

No, he heard it on ESPN and you know they always are accurate...

4. OK_Bred_SF

OK_Bred_SF New Member

No one has reported that the Big Twelve had the highest winning percentage when Tejas beat USC! They said the conference was weak this year, but we were expected to loose all bowl games but one and ended up 5-3. Not too shabby...

5. opksooner

opksooner New Member

The Big XII produces an NC and a 5 win - 3 loss record in bowl games.

I would have settled for 4-4 and a ut loss. :(

6. Indy Sooner

Indy Sooner Member

So it will become a remake of the old UPI poll, pre-1974? For this very reason, any "national championships" courtesy of the UPI (prior to 1974) are specious and are not regarded as legitimate by logical college football experts.

7. josh09

josh09 New Member

but if michigan had actually pulled out that miracle, it would have made the bowl season even BETTER. that really was crazy.

8. Texas Golfer

Texas Golfer SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Excellent bowl season!

I watched games with teams I had no interest in and still enjoyed the games. Most were very exciting and most were filled with a lot of offense (which I like to see).

The Big XII got no respect this year. We were underdogs in all eight of our bowl games and won more and had the best percentage than any other conference (tied with the ACC).

9. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

This may be conference homerism, but I personally feel as if our record is more impressive because
    1. we were the dogs in every game and
    2. we beat higher calibre teams

10. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

But no mention of the BS "Conference cup" by ESPN since KU whupped Houston in the Fort Worth Bowl.

I really hate those ESPN douches.

11. Soonerchaz

Soonerchaz New Member

GREAT bowl season. This was by far the most bowl games I've ever watched.

How many games were decided or ended by 4th quarter/late interceptions? OU...Tulsa...Cal...BC...Tulsa...Virginia...more? Amazing....

12. Sooner98

Sooner98 New Member

Texas, Alabama, Penn State, West Virginia, Nebraska, Nevada, TCU, Arizona State, Missouri, Memphis, Florida - all by a touchdown or less.

13. Norm In Norman

Norm In Norman Adminstrator of PAIN

14. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member