1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Besides the fact that the horns ended up winning it all

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Norm In Norman, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Norm In Norman

Norm In Norman Adminstrator of PAIN

I'd say this has been the best bowl season ever. Almost every single game was competitive and came down to the wire. Seriously, would a playoff have been better than the way things played out this year?

Of course if we do good next year everyone will be complaining about how the BCS needs to be changed again...

2. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

True, most of the games were pure excitement
    Norm, if we are in a position next year to whine about the BCS, I for one, will be thankful and willing to kick any other Sooner's *** for complaining

3. Tailwind

Tailwind SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Whorns vs Usuck.....steers vs queers........heh.

Flagstaffsooner likes this.
  4. Norm In Norman

I haven't heard the Sooners complain so much, it just seems like whatever factor lets us into the MNC game is the one ESPN and the newspapers say needs to be changed. It sorta ****es me off.

Mjcpr likes this.
  5. fadada1

fadada1 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

couldn't agree more - was thinking the same thing last night after i cleaned out the throw-up:D

the only game that was a real blowout, was the lsu/miami game. and that made me nearly as happy as watch us beat oregon.

6. mrowl

mrowl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Great bowl season. I watched more games this year than ever...

Has parity officially come to the NCAA?

7. Red October

Red October New Member

Awesome year, what a ride. I am very sad it is over.

I feel really good about 06 and 07.

8. RacerX

RacerX SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I really enjoyed FSU and USC losing on their home fields.

9. Luthor

Luthor New Member

Yeah really. In the post game interview Vince pointed out how that the media had shown us no respect leading up to last night's game. As soon as humanly possible the 4 ESPN *** hats attempted damage control to rebutt Vince's statement but it was too little too late. It's juuust a bit obvious when they're all still sitting there around that fake desk with Reggie sauce still on their chins. Gawd I hate ESPN.

TUSooner and OUinFLA like this.
  10. mrowl

mrowl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

that was funny when he went to their desk on the field (about 30-45 minutes after the game was over), they were trying to backpedal

11. RacerX

Luthor, Mike and Mike showed the USA Today Sports Page this morning. Nice monster photo of Lendale scoring a TD on the front.

12. Norm In Norman

Are you serious, Clark?

13. Luthor

Luthor New Member

In the world of sports media whoredom, ESPN is the easiest one to spot. They are the skank wearing the $4,000.00 shoes and ****ing in the corner.

14. RacerX

But wait, ESPN radio was actually lamenting the horns being disrespected....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

What turds.

15. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I wonder if they can get the experts back and determine whether the 06 Trojans can beat that 06 Horn team? My guess is that Texas doesn't have the man power to compete with the likes Lienart, Bush, and White ;)

16. Luthor

Luthor New Member

I'm pretty sure those "experts" won't be too hard to locate. They'll be standing at the nearest intersection holding plastic pails and window squeegies.

17. Gandalf_The_Grey

Doubtful unless they won't to replace their whole staff. The only semi negative comment I heard about USC during this month was someone was talking about how some National Championshio team couldn't hold USC under 40 points and one of the guys said something like "Let's not get ahead of ourselves guys, this is a team that barely beat Fresno St." ;) They don't have time to rehire a whole staff ;)

18. RooseveltRoughRider

RooseveltRoughRider New Member

Ditto. This bowl seaosn was awesome. Interesting matchups. I watched every game (Even though Monday had so many). I am actually sad the season is over. :(

19. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If Vince had actually stuck it to the networks about hyping USC more, I might have had to reconsider my opinion on his character. :eek:

20. Gandalf_The_Grey

I hear they are modifying the BCS to next year that the team that ends the REGULAR season as number #1 is automatically awarded the National Championship, the Bowl Games will just be exhibitions for the Future Pro's of the NFL.