1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Askins/Fallin

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by ouwasp, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MR2-Sooner86

MR2-Sooner86 Well-Known Member

Why are people fighting over this? They both suck *** and picking one is like asking if you'd rather get kicked in the left or right nut (or ovaries for the bitchy females on the board who feel left out). They're both just blowing the Bible crowd to get their support because honestly, that's the majority of voters here, sadly.

Personally, I was for Randy Brogdon. I got to talk to him and I really liked the guy.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to make up my mind soon and choose between a cheap slut or a bull dyke.

SoonerNate and saucysoonergal like this.
  2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I promise I'm a good little Republican, but nothing about Fallin impresses me, from her stance on issues to what she said at the debate.

Kimberlyz4OU likes this.
  3. Serge Ibaka

Serge Ibaka New Member

I promise I'm a good little democrat, but:

ditto with Askins.

4. badger

Not impressed with Askins, eh? Well, shoot. Looks like we're all going to go with either the candidate who disappoints us least or the lesser of two evils candidate.

We should start a pole :D

5. SoonerNate

SoonerNate New Member

Can't be any worse than the FL Gubernatorial race.

6. Pricetag

Pricetag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Did anyone else hear Jim Traber talk about how much he loves Askins today? I was shocked to hear it--he's a huge republican fanboy, and he was gushing about her.

7. GKeeper316

GKeeper316 New Member

even someone as dumb as traber realizes what a retard failin is...

8. reflector

reflector Well-Known Member

They are both horrible choices.

9. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Brogdon didn't win; therefore, whoever does win is irrelevant to me.

saucysoonergal likes this.
  10. badger

A few new articles making the media rounds today on the candidates:

Fallin and marriage

Askins and money

Cliff's Notes version: Fallin is emphasizing her family in her campaign, despite the fact that she is previously divorced, as is her current husband (twice), and they will celebrate their one-year anniversary together... almost a month after election day. Askins has now taken the lead in fundraising between the two candidates, but at the same time, just loaned her campaign another $350k and has loaned a total of over $1 million of her personal fortune to her gubernatorial campaign.

So, if you must cling to an issue to vote against a candidate, there you have it - either Fallin is too out of touch family-wise, or Askins is too out of touch money-wise.

11. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Please explain to me how being divorced means you are anti-family? I have a close relative who is the best father I've ever seen and he's been divorced many times.

Marriage isn't easy.

12. Tulsa_Fireman

Tulsa_Fireman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

But Mary is, apparently.

*RIMSHOT!*

I don't get no respect.

JohnnyMack likes this.
  13. badger

I didn't say that and it sounds like you aren't saying that either. Is anyone saying that? :confused:

14. Tulsa_Fireman

Tulsa_Fireman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I said it.

*waggles his cane*

AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN.

Word.

15. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Mary Fallin is a turd. Seeing Badger and Homey fall in line with Askins should be a decent indicator of what a schmuck she is.

16. badger

I just glanced at a nearby TV - Brad Henry and the wife who makes him look better (seriously - he never campaigned without her, hehe) are now campaigning for Askins.

17. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sounds to me like you're saying she has no leg to stand on regarding emphasizing her family since both she and her current husband have both been divorced.

18. saucysoonergal

saucysoonergal SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well that and her regard for our state troopers. ;)

19. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Yep. I thought it was a pretty good commercial.

Also ABC had Askins on this morning and Fallin respectfully declined their offer to discuss the Family topic.

Askins response about whether you need to be a Mother to relate to the People of Oklahoma..."We've never had a Woman Governor in Oklahoma and somehow they were able to do the job without having to have been a Mother."

It was pretty funny...

20. badger

It should have sounded like I was providing a brief overview (aka "cliff's notes version") of an article I had absolutely no hand in writing.

I really don't care that she's been divorced, much like I don't care how much Askins donated to her own campaign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.