1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**2007 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs**

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by colleyvillesooner, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Fugue

Fugue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

When JT has the puck it looks like the entire game around him goes into slow motion and he can then do whatever he wants. Jagr is that way too, it's fun to watch.

Detroit may not have the high powered offense as in the past but they do have some grit that wasn't there last year.

2. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Eh, I don't know that Jagr really has that dynamic as much anymore. Thornton is definitely the best passer in the game right now...but in a year or two Sidney Crosby will pass him, he (Crosby) is already the most dynamic player in the league.

3. Fugue

Normally I'd agree on Jagr but he has been different in this series. He's actually trying. :D

I was selfishly hoping the Penguins would move to KC so I could catch some games. :O

4. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Still have a sneaking suspicion that San Jose will win Game 5 and close out the Wings in Game 6 to setup an all-California Western Conference Finals.

And yes, I'm already throwing dirt on the Canucks. You can't have a hard fought 7 game series only to have to come right back to come from being down 3-1 in a series.

Especially when that other team is the Ducks.

5. Fugue

I agree, the Sharks can be so good at times. It should be a great game 5.

6. Scott D

you know what I hate the most about the Ducks....that's right....Brian Burke.

7. John Kochtoston

John Kochtoston CEO, Devastation, Inc.

Jagr just got called for roughing. Maybe all that talk of a BCS berth in Stillwater, along with rumored sales of ice water in Hell, has some truth to it after all.:D

Fugue likes this.
  8. Suerreal

Suerreal New Member

Go Red Wings! I'm hoping either Hasek can keep the Sharks to fewer than the 2 goals he's allowed every game so far in the series, or that the offense can step up for more than 2 goals.

- Sue

9. Scott D

3 seems to be our magic number this series ;)

10. John Kochtoston

It was a surprisingly good run for the Blueshirts this year. I think they can make a serious run at the Cup next year, if they add one more goal scorer (Drury, perhaps?). Still, the window is pretty short, with Jagr and Shanny close to the end.

11. GrapevineSooner

I gotta hand it to the Rangers, as much as I hate them. After Games 1 and 2, it looked like Buffalo was going to roll them. Instead, they fought back to tie the series and looked like they would win Game 5 before Drury showed up to be a hero.

Then today, they just wouldn't quit. I thought for sure they'd do to Buffalo what Buffalo did to them in Game 5.

12. John Kochtoston

I'd love to go back to game 5 and cause a freak power outage at HSBC Arena with about 10 seconds left, or at least tell Renny to remind the defensemen not to shoot for the empty net...I like the new icing rule, but it bit the Rangers in the *** in that game.

13. Scott D

now the Rangers get to deal with the Shanahan post-season drama....enjoy.

14. GrapevineSooner

I see Scott's going to get to enjoy even more West Coast games. ;)

Ought to be a fun series next round.

15. Scott D

Yeah, my early morning work schedule is going to love it.

Nobody can say it's been an easy road for us this year. We've played well against Anaheim all season. This is actually the best I've seen the Wings play all season.

16. GrapevineSooner

Jeez, you'd think Rob Schick's performance in Game 7 of the Stars-Nucks series would have been enough to keep him out of the Conference Final round.

If he makes it through to the Stanley Cup Finals, then Stephen Walkom should be fired.

Oh and a mental note to Dom. When the puck is already on top of your pads in full view of the in net cam, it doesn't do any good to flip the puck over to your arm, allow it to slide down to the ice, and then try to make the refs think you stopped it on the line. ;)

17. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wow. That game was a kick in the nutz for the ol' Red Wings.

18. Scott D

Well there is a reason that Lilja was the 7th defenseman on this team when the entire defense corps was healthy.

19. GrapevineSooner

What looked to be an Anaheim blowout turned into a nail biter at the end after Pavel Datsyuk scored a pair of power play goals to make it 4-3.

Really thought the Wings were going to tie it up.

Anyway, this ought to make for a very interesting Stanley Cup Final. I'd give Ottawa the edge primarily because Alfredsson, Spezza, and Heatley are unstoppable on offense right now.

20. Scott D

If anyone plans on going to Southern California anytime soon could you find my heart....it was ripped out of me last night.

A part of me wants Ottawa to win because I picked them as a second favorite awhile back when they were pitiful. But I also know that I should also be loyal to the Western Conference....however, I want Chris Pronger and Rob Niedermayer to lift a cup about as much as I wanted Antoine Walker to win one last year...and we know how that went :mad: