1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**2007 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs**

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by colleyvillesooner, Apr 11, 2007.

1. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Time to get my Hockey face on. I follow the Stars through the regular season, but I can't sit down an watch your average wed night Hockey game like I can with the Mavs.

Stars and Canucks are trading goals, but the canucks just put a 3rd one through. Marty just got owned face to face through the 5 hole. Maybe it's true about Marty...

2. colleyvillesooner

Canucks score to make it 4-2 and send I'm reaching for the remot as it's getting late. Just as I do the Stars score to make it a 1 goal game.

Pretty good back and forth if you're up. It's on Versus.

Canucks 4
    Stars 3
    8:50 3rd

3. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Luongo sucks tonight. ;)

4. royalfan5

royalfan5 Superbia in Proelio

I just want to go on record as saying this is going to be the year for Ottawa to break through and take the Cup back to where it belongs. The Capital of one of the Top 5 nations of the World.

5. garland sooner

garland sooner New Member

man. this sucks. I can't watch any stars' playoffs action on tv here in norman. what am i to do?

6. hurricane'bone

hurricane'bone Well-Known Member

Game is getting ready to enter its fourth overtime

7. hurricane'bone

Dallas loses in the 4th OT

8. colleyvillesooner

:(

Went to bed way before that.

9. colleyvillesooner

Don't have Versus in Norman?

10. GrapevineSooner

I feel strangely confident about the rest of the series, though. In the end, I think Dallas' depth will wear down the Canucks and I fully expect the Stars to take this back home tied 1-1 after tomorrow night.

11. Boomer_Sooner_sax

Boomer_Sooner_sax New Member

Man, that game must have gotten over really late with it being on the West Coast. What time did it end. I really would love to see Dallas bring the Cup home again!!!

12. GrapevineSooner

Probably around 2:30 am here. I went to bed after the 3rd OT at around 1:40.

13. hurricane'bone

Yeah right around 2:30

14. HoserSooner

HoserSooner New Member

I'd like to see them win it, just to get the "chokers" monkey off their back.

Honestly though, I can't see them getting out of the Eastern Conference. Buffalo should roll to the cup final, but stranger things have happened.

15. royalfan5

royalfan5 Superbia in Proelio

I don't think Ray Emery is a good enough goalie to win it, but like you said strange things have happened.

16. GrapevineSooner

I'd like to see the Islanders continue their Cinderella run.

I'll sit in front of my computer screen tonight and watch them play Buffalo in Game 1 of their series.

And I still won't believe they won four in a row and got several breaks (sorry, Hoser ;) ) along the way just to get in.

17. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

props if you stayed up and watched the whole game.....damn i barely made it to the end of the 3d period

18. HoserSooner

HoserSooner New Member

Well, out of Montreal, Toronto, and the Islanders, it was the Islanders who deserved to be there. Both Toronto and Montreal controlled their own destinies, and just needed to win out to make the 8th spot.

Toronto didn't show up in their game against New York, and let them back into the race. Winning the last 4 games of the season to get in, it was them that belong there. Even though they will be the sacrifical lamb for the Sabres, as would any of the teams that in.

19. GrapevineSooner

I'm afraid you'd be correct, sir. :(

20. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is there a more cheapshotting team in the league than Nashville? I know Trotz got his start coaching minor league goons, but at some point he has to coach up to the talent level he has on the ice.