1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BTW, I divorced OperaMan

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by proud gonzo, Jul 16, 2013.

1. proud gonzo

proud gonzo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I dunno how many of you who know me still visit this place, but I just thought I'd put a little note. I haven't exactly publicized it much--I've kind of been waiting until it comes up, because I'm not sure what to do when people give me the sad eyes and say they're so sorry I'm going through this. Because I'm not sad, and I'm certainly not sorry. Not like the divorce process was enjoyable, but the result certainly is. I'm quite happy about it, actually, because I'm actually happy now instead of just pretending to be. In terms of the legal part, things were mostly amicable, though that didn't stop him from slandering me to everyone he knows. Whatever.

1. No, I don't know when his next opera is. I won't be attending or keeping up with that any more.
    2. No, I don't know if he'll be singing the anthem again this year.
    3. No, you don't need to send the posse after him. He probably deserves it, but he's not worth the effort.

That about sums it up. Divorced, back to my maiden name, very happy.

picasso likes this.
  2. Wow..I had no clue...You are egg-cellent at hiding things..

Well..Congratulations on being happy!

3. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Its Your Life Hon, You have to MAKE YOU happy.
    Just sorry it dint work out.

4. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Does this mean the opera tailgates are over?

5. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

ditto.

6. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

Sorry to hear. As a side note its nice to see an familiar face that we havent seen around in a while.

7. soonersweetie

soonersweetie Well-Known Member

Good for you, doing what makes you happy!!! :)

proud gonzo likes this.
  8. proud gonzo

proud gonzo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thanks, guys. He's bipolar (refuses therapy or treatment for it) so the happy, outgoing person y'all met at the tailgates isn't the same person I was living with. That kind of made things difficult to explain to anyone...

9. sas

sas New Member

Very sorry. At least no kids involved.

10. smc

smc New Member

11. badger

12. olevetonahill

Dont sweat it hon. Let em Rant.Im figuring they are either Jealous or Very insecure.

13. badger

It doesn't matter what they are, vet. If I don't spend every day trying to be a better person myself, it's a wasted day :)

So once again, my apologies to all I have ever upset or offended

FirstandGoal likes this.
  14. I apologize for what I just did in the restroom.

15. olevetonahill

You go Girl, yer a better man than me. I say **** em if they cant take a joke

16. sas

sas New Member

I can't speak for others but I suspect there's a big difference between "offend" and "annoy".

17. olevetonahill

If I have Offended OR Annoyed anyone in any way. Please feel free to Go **** yerself. Please take this in the spirit it was intended.

18. badger

Then I also apologize for annoying. :)

19. olevetonahill

Now Yer annoying me . LOL

20. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

Been there, done that and even when the result is for the best it still sucks.

I can totally relate to the happiness aspect of it when the dust finally clears.....