1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oSu deserves their shot at LSU, and I hope they get it and pull off the win.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by soonerboy_odanorth, Dec 3, 2011.

1. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

Crazy talk? Nope.

Will it make our Sooners lives unbearable until next November? Yep.

But it will give our Sooners program a good shake, and I'm betting wake it the h*ll up.

2. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

no they do not. they lost to a 6 loss iowa state.

THE BIG 12 SUCKS.

Tear Down This Wall likes this.
  3. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Why oh why do you guys always only concentrate on the team they lost to? The beat 5 (FIVE) current top 25 teams while Bama only beat 2.

4. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

Boo Hoo. Quit being a crybaby. They lost under some pretty bizarre circumstances to a team that's actually pretty decent.

This is oSu's greatest team ever. And it is a very very good football team.

They dominated tonight, like a championship team should. Slam the door on your challengers.

5. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

Of course we want them to go to the NC game. It hurts to say it, but it would be better for us for them to go. Better yet for them to win it. Damn, that does hurt to say.

6. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

I hope they get the chance for it also.

I think their complete resume is better than Bama's.

7. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Agreed with OP. Gotta give the nod to a conference champ over someone who didn't win their division. Bama had their shot at home. They blew it.

8. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

dumb premise.

9. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Yeah I don't get that either but I do think oSu would get killed

10. Soonernut1963

Soonernut1963 New Member

Sorry soonerboy, but you are fulla ****. Why would you root for them, and how woudl that help our recruiting?

11. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

If I believed this, I'd be for them going and winning too. But it won't. Things are just too cozy around Norman these days. Until things become uncomfortable, a little heated, a little uncertain, I don't expect anything to change.

12. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

I'm with you they have a better resume' then bama and bama already had their chance to beat lsu and failed.

13. OUNASH

OUNASH New Member

Osu winning anything does not help Oklahoma. It would hurt in recruiting amongst other things. If Bob is honest with himself this game should be a wake up call. We shall see.

14. soonerinstlw

soonerinstlw New Member

Perhaps it is because I graduated from OSU, but I think the loss hurts more because it didn't mean anything. Why not give OSU a chance?

15. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

I hope OSU goes and gets killed by LSU! Always hate Texas and OSU!

16. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Not so sure why ESPN/ABC is pimping the rematch so hard.

17. IBleedCrimson

IBleedCrimson New Member

osu going to the MNC hurts OU.

Thats the only thing I care about.

18. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

He needs to completely revamp the staff and tell everybody in the spring that their jobs are on the line. IDC if they are potential first rounders or All-Americans, they proved that they did not have what it takes to win a championship. BTW, I think Bell gives us the better chance to win next year. As a 4th-year Jr, if Landry can't figure it out by now, he never will. He needs to get to the NFL and learn from an NFL OC and QB Coach. I would be willing to see a sub-par year next year if I knew that the problems were fixed for the long haul. Norman wreeks of complaceny, second only to Austin. There are too many "entitled" coaches, players, and even administrators in Norman right now, and there needs to be an overhaul!

19. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

OSU getting the chance will hurt OU in recruiting for sure. Heck, tonight hurt OU in recruiting.

It would be horrible to have to put up with the obnoxious OSU fans also.

But they deserve the chance, and I hope they get it, and I hope they win it.

Not sure who all caught it, but Weeden called OU first and they werent interested, so he went to OSU.

Maybe, just maybe OSU winning the NC would cause Bob to wake up out of the funk he has been in since the USC NC game debacle and he might actually start coaching again. Maybe.

20. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They'll rack up over 500 yards but get worked. It would be like 60-35. Its classic LSU vs. the spread.