1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zippy kills Keystone...

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by TheHumanAlphabet, Nov 6, 2015.

1. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thanks buddy, the next train derailment and spilled oil will be on you buddy. No safer transport than pipeline. The oil from up north will still make it to the Gulf Coast for refining, it will just use methods in place now. If I were a pipeline or oil company, I would build a pipeline within the US all the way up to near the Canadian border and extend a current pipeline to near the US border and then apply for a short jump line to connect the 2. Otherwise, truck or rail between the 2 lines and take the FEDGOV/State Dept. out of it totally.

2. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Let the Canadians built their own refineries. We don't need their dirtiest of all oils.

Jobs Lost ? >250,000 new jobs last month.

Increased price of gas ? Dropped and still very reasonable compared to what we were paying.

Planet Earth just let out a big sigh of relief, even if only temporary. John Beohner and the rest of his TransCanada investors can have a nice cry.

I've never understood why 'conservatives' are so eager to rape the Planet ? In that regard I'm more conservative than all the conservafake yahoos on this Bored.

High five, Mother Nature.

5-0

rock on sooner likes this.
  3. REDREX

REDREX New Member

----Anyone that thinks this will keep the oil from being produced is kidding themselves

4. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I guessed you missed this part......

"Planet Earth just let out a big sigh of relief, even if only temporary."

Now excuse me while I go hug a tree.

5-0

5. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Haven't you heard? Oil prices are never going back up.

So which sector of our society is the most dependent on their energy being supplied from some where else? It is the same sector that pretty much depends on others to grow their food, produce their energy, and provide the materials to build their living quarters.

Of course it is urban population centers in which the most of the voters support liberal politicians who in turn support liberal taxing and regulatory policies that raise the cost of almost everything they use. Ah, only another liberal could explain this type of "logical" thinking.

6. REDREX

REDREX New Member

---- It won't slow it down at all it will just move another way

7. REDREX

REDREX New Member

How much damage has ethanol done?-----All you treehuggers love it

8. FaninAma

The Chinese have already offered to help Canada build a pipeline to Vancouver.

9. TAFBSooner

TAFBSooner Well-Known Member

No we don't. It uses more energy than it "saves." Politicians love ethanol so they can pander to those who participate in the first round of the "primary" season.

10. REDREX

REDREX New Member

----So it is a stupid program correct?

11. TAFBSooner

We should be taking advantage of the current glut of crude to keep more of it in the ground. That would slow down climate change.

If you don't believe in man-made climate change, surely you can see that we will still need that oil at some point in the future. Capitalism leads to pumping it all out as soon as we can drill it, so quickly that, among other things, we can't build in the infrastructure to capture the natural gas by-product, and so just burn it for nothing!

Leaving it in the ground would keep the oil producers in business longer than they would be by pumping it all now.

12. TAFBSooner

Planet Earth will continue to scratch where it itches.

13. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

It was a difficult decision, but the president decided and he and his party will have to live with it. Both sides had compelling arguments and the environmental concerns are great on both sides, as have already been discussed.

2016 looms, however. It's not that far away and the next president of either party could easily reverse course on this matter. For now, however, President Obama has proof that the U.S. is doing its part for the environment as he tries to get the rest of the globe on board for whatever that global initiative is that is being discussed, I'm really not privy to the details.

rock on sooner likes this.
  14. FaninAma

ST, how long do you think it will take for the pipeline to be built...3 years? 5 years? Longer? Do you think there is chance oil prices will increase in that time? Do you really think Obama nixed this due to true concerns for the environment?

If Paul ryan doesn't stand up to this idiot lameduck POTUS for the next year better than his predecessor did he will be out of office a lot quicker than Boehner was.

15. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Here's what I was referring to aimlessly earlier:

So...

Yes, but not in the sense that it's about U.S. environment concerns, but rather, to add another line to his i'm-earth-friendly resume.

16. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Are you trying to win the "low information voter" award?

The oil will continue to be produced. Price of oil is the only possible deterrent which has nothing to do with this stupid policy. It will continue to be transported by a much less efficient, less safe and more costly means (rail) to the US and possibly China. Coincidentally, the rail is owned by Warren Buffet.

The EPA in its own study stated that Keystone would have minimal impact, if any, on the environment. Obama and Kerry chose to disregard that assessment.

That was why it was so laughable when Obama came to Cushing, OK in 2012, to celebrate the southern leg of Keystone with a shovel ceremony. He, of course, had nothing to do with the southern leg but, he was after all, an all of the above energy guy.

There is no compelling reason for Keystone to be denied.

Mother earth didn't breathe a sigh of relief...that was Uncle Sam gasping for air.

17. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Second term swagger. He can thumb his nose at the pubs and not give a flying f*ck what anyone thinks.

18. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He certainly hasn't been afraid to let his stupidity show.

19. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

and the OP had the audacity to call bear zippy. Bill Griffith will hang his head in embarrassment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Griffith

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  20. Serenity Now

Serenity Now Well-Known Member

I remember admonishing liberals to treat bush with respect and not call him ****ty names.