1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yes, it passes!

Discussion in 'Smack Central' started by PDXsooner, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

tick.............tick..........tick......tick

That's our debt time bomb and the ticking's getting louder.

Greece has nothing on us.

2. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

They already were anyway right? :confused: Indirectly or directly it makes no difference to the insurance companies. At least now there is a chance to get something out of that bastard's hide.

3. GKeeper316

GKeeper316 New Member

well when my brother had to have his emergency surgery, they did it the same night he went in (he had to have 2 tendons in his foot reattached when they got severed)

im sorry your friend and his wife are having problems, but i never encountered anything of the sort when i was there.

4. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The media doesn't have the power to do what we saw last night. The opposition to this bill was the place bipartisanship could be found.
    The republicans were threatening to take MY ball and go home. I told them to oppose and they did. I told dems to do the same, but few listened.
    Stop underestimating the peoples position on this. We are not too stupid to understand. Its the supporters who don't seem to know or care to know anything about this bill.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  5. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Human (God-given) rights ARE greater than the law of the land, and those rights are mentioned in our laws of the land. However, free healthcare is not a right, and Healthcare Provider or Healthcare Insurance Provider are not authorized for, nor responsibilities of the federal govt. The Democrat Party and the Obama Administration care not a whit about any of those silly laws.

6. Fraggle145

I am not underestimating anything.

You are the one putting illogical stipulations on where they could find common ground. So its only good bipartisanship if it goes they way you want it to? Couldnt the pubs have worked the other way and come up with something more acceptable to you? If they werent so concerned with trying to make this his Waterloo...

Here is what youre arguments sounds like in reverse. I told the Dems to vote for it most did, I told the pubs to vote for it and they didnt.

Quit effing whining. Jesus age christ. If you want to change it vote against em next time.

Ike likes this.
  7. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Emergency Room care. Got it. Same thing will happen over here for anybody that gets their tendons severed - whether they're insured or not. And is your brother a British citizen? Also, you can't try and say your very limited experience with health care in the UK passes for anything close to what actually goes on over there can you? But hey, let's sit on SF.com and say **** we don't have a clue about. Got it.

8. Chuck Bao

Chuck Bao SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That is a damn good question. What if your insurance company decides that if you eat at McDees once a week that you should be denied health care? What if they deny coverage if someone is overweight by 10% over the recommended weight level? What if you can't run a mile in under 15 minutes? In my case, what if you ride a bike? What if you lie on their questionnaire and smoke and drink and don't come home at all?

9. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

the Republicans gambled with your money and lost. they thought they could stonewall and block this deal instead of being constructive about it.

Ike and GKeeper316 like this.
  10. delhalew

Well, if this had been approached from a standpoint of health insurance reform rather than a social monstrosity you could see some interesting devolopments. Instead of mandating we buy a crap product, you could open up insurance purchasing nationwide and you could see new insurance companies offering ala carte and concierge plans. Maybe if you don't eat Mcdonalds or shoot heroin you may get a cheaper ploicy. Maybe you pick what suits the needs of your family. We will never know now. We can all watch quality of care decline. Of course, since this bill is frontloaded, lots of chowderheads will be hyped about getting free ****. Down the road we pay in more ways than one. Wait and see what happens to the states when the Medicaid buffer from the Feds cuts out.

11. delhalew

Congess and the white house ignored republican ideas until a month ago when tossed a cherry on top of cow patty for political cover. I'm not a partison, unless you want to talk federalsts and torres.
    Btw, I know...I'm framing it MY way.

12. Fraggle145

Except for the fact that this plan looks almost identical to the one proposed by republicans in like 1993. When they did the same thing they attempted to do this time around to Clinton.

13. Ike

Ike party pooper

If they had ignored republican ideas until just a month ago, there would have been a public option in the bill. The reason there isn't a public option has nothing to do with the republicans and everything to do with conservative democratic senators. Since no republican was willing to vote for the bill even if more of their ideas had been incorporated (and most of them even said as much publicly), I really can't blame the dems for moving forward the way they did. From where I stand, it now looks to me like that whole health care summit a month ago was really Obama extending the pubs an olive branch...basically saying here is your chance to play ball. What can we do to get your vote? When the best the repubs could do was say "start over", what did they really expect? Especially considering that this bill bears a strong resemblance to RomneyCare.

14. delhalew

Funny you should mention Hilly care. Clinton tried to get Bird to use reconcilliation then and went off about how wrong it would be to do that to the American people and that his own rule was never to be used for a piece of legislation such as health care. Never mind the repudiations of Obama himself.
    Just saying.

15. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You're getting closer. You shouldn't be denied coverage, you should have paid a "fat tax" in the first place for eating it. Much like we're forced to pay a tax on teh cigarettes and teh alcohol.

Nothing in the Dems healthcare reform worked at reducing costs. It was all about extending coverage.

Fraggle145 likes this.
  16. OKLA21FAN

OKLA21FAN New Member

Soooooooooooo,
    When is RUSH leaving the country as promised? :pop:

17. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

probably right after Alec Baldwin and all the libs leave the office that promised us they would

18. delhalew

Medical tourism coming to the US is HILARIOUS.:D

19. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

20. PDXsooner

PDXsooner Formerly OregonSooner

this was long overdue. i'm glad it passed. now we can get the children of republicans into the doctor, extract their souls, and feed them to pelossi...yum!!!

KC//CRIMSON likes this.