1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yeah.... lets get rid of guns

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by landrun, Jan 6, 2013.

1. landrun

landrun Well-Known Member

Libs, this is why having guns is a GOOD thing. And law abiding citizens should be allowed to have all we need or want....

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/georgia-mom-guns-down-intruder-saves-children.html

2. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

that's not gun control. gun control is aiming for center mass.

3. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

The gun control freaks on the form have asked for, and I had posted some stoireies on another thread where concealed carriers stop mass killings.
    Here is one from 2 days after the CT school massacre.
    Gee....I wonder why the drive by media didn't even mention such stories????
    (Because they don't fit their LW narrative!)

Cases in which guns saved lives
    http://www.akdart.com/gun3.html

4. diverdog

diverdog New Member

I heard a funny one on the Simpson's tonight. Homer says "if Jesus had a gun he would be alive today".

5. nutinbutdust

nutinbutdust Member

Let me set the scene. Its 9 PM, and you’re walking from your car to your doorway after a long day. Your two month old son is in his car carrier, dozing off as you try to get him into his crib before he wakes up. But before you get to your front door, out of nowhere an armed robber puts a gun to your head and demands everything you have. What do you do?
    LINK

6. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

There was a good editorial in the WSJ recently examining gun laws in England. In 1987 a man went on a shooting spree in a small town killing 16 people. He roamed the streets for 8 hours, as no one, including the police, had guns.

In 2009 a former soldier found a shotgun in his garden, and went to the police station to turn it in. He was arrested and sentenced to 5 years in prison. In 2012, a member of the British Special Forces came home to organize funerals for two comrades killed in action. In his baggage was a Glock handgun given to him as a gift by his Iraqi trainees. He was sentenced to 18 months in prison for the gun.
    Luckily, both these men were eventually released after a public outcry.
    Pretty nutty folks.
    It also points out that since banning handguns in 1998, handgun crime has doubled. I believe its our people -- who have slowly been allowed to sink into a half-civilized, irresponsible state -- that are the real villains.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323777204578195470446855466.html

7. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Landrun, who are the libs that want possession of a .38 revolver in one's home to be forbidden?

8. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

the ones in DC and Chicago...

9. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Landrun's addressing libs on this board: "Libs, this is why having guns is a GOOD thing"

10. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

are there any anti-gun people on this board? i guess there was the flying dickwheel guy. who was that?

11. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

TDTW was the one who coined the term of someone being a "Flying Dickwheel" If they owned a Semi Auto weapon.

jaun I dont think anyone HERE has come right out and said they are totally against guns but I'll bet ya theres several that would Laugh their *** off if they were bained today

12. The Profit

The Profit New Member

I have owned guns all of my life. I still see no reason for private citizens to own AR-15's and 60 round magazines.

13. olevetonahill

Show me a 60 Rd Mag . Ive never seen one.

Why shouldnt a Private citizen own an AR 15 or anything else they want? Because YOU dont like them? Some nut job used one in a Mass killing?
    Go **** yerself

14. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hello Profit...I thought you had risen above these mind numbing debates.

15. The Profit

The Profit New Member

I was drawn back by the angst in the football forum. Some of those fair-weather Sooner fans are crazier than the "tea-bagged." How have you been, old friend?"

16. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Pretty good...same old same old. Good to see you back...you're almost like new blood to this board.

17. The Profit

The Profit New Member

Vet, I meant 50, not 60. There are 60 round drums. If you can't hit a squirrel, deer, raccoon, possum, etc., with 10 shots, you need to go hungry. Of course, after a couple of shots of that hooch you shared with me, I doubt I could hit the broad side of a barn. Good to see you again.

18. olevetonahill

Heh, Still aint ever seen a 50 rd Mag.
    Besides Like has been said it aint about "Hunting" only.

19. The Profit

The Profit New Member

I just never saw the thrill of shooting multiple rounds into a standing target. I guess it makes some feel like a bigger man, but whacking off can give you the same thrill and its a helluva lot cheaper. That said, I really don't care what kind of guns folks surround themselves with. The real problem is not the gun as much as it is, who gets to own one.

20. olevetonahill

And agin it aint the Legal owners who are doing the Crazy shat.
    Do you like to fish? some people live for it Others not so much , Its called to each their own.

back to Mag deal. Ive had the Mini14s and the SKSs with 30 rd Mags and they dont perform near as well as with the 20. So Mag size once ya go over 20 diminishes the weapons performance