1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow!

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by rock on sooner, Feb 11, 2015.

1. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Just read the 2016 offer list....can't say that OU doesn't recruit nationally!

2. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We may have offered, but that doesn't mean they're coming. Just look at our commits from this year. Bedenbaugh and Monty seemed like the only ones capable of setting foot outside of Oklahoma/Texas. Now that Monty is gone...

We have an almost entirely new staff, though, so we'll see.

3. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I agree with ya Rock...now lets see how this pans out

4. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

15 years ago, if there were more than one offer to a kid that wasn't in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas or Kansas it would be considered a big change in recruiting. I've watched as OU has gone from a regional only recruiter to a truly national one.

It goes beyond just offering these guys, we're starting to land them too. Arguably the two biggest commitments in this last class were from Canada and Virginia. We're going international! :)

5. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I always thought recruiting Texas was going outside the country. Didn't they even have a campaign for tourist that said as much? ;)

8timechamps likes this.
  6. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm the debbie downer of this thread, so I'll go ahead and keep it up...

Monty brought in both of them.

7. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Believe me, that's all I've been thinking about since yesterday (well, not "all", but it's been on my mind). I have to remind myself that not much was really known (or expected) of Monty when he came to Norman, so surely there's another gem out there...Stoops has made some really good hires recently, so I'm really hoping that trend continues.

8. Since71ASooner4Life

Since71ASooner4Life Active Member

I just have the feeling Gallimore is going to be a special player