1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wort penalties

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by bent rider, Sep 7, 2010.

1. bent rider

bent rider New Member

Based on his brief interview on News9 last night, I have some worries about Tom Wort. Is this guy a head case? He had two personal fouls in one drive Saturday that really stung and he seemed to think there is nothing wrong with his play.

2. salth2o

salth2o New Member

I chalk it up to immaturity for now. If the problem persists, then it's a big problem.

3. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

In wort's interview immediately following the game saturday night he apologized for the 2 personal foul penalties and said he wouldn't let that happen again.

4. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I seem to recall watching Bob rip him a new one immediately after the last penalty. Then we went away to a commercial. When we came back...there was Bob, looking around for and finding Tom....and going over to work on him some more.
    I think the lad got the message that Bob was mad.

5. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What is the motivation for starting this thread? What exactly made you think that Wort is a head case who doesnt care at all about his team?

soonerhubs likes this.
  6. Mississippi Sooner

Mississippi Sooner New Member

Yep. I remember all of that, too. In fact, when they came back from commercial, I was wondering if someone had hit the rewind button. Bob was fuming.

7. soonerborn30

soonerborn30 New Member

8. Wort hates winning and playing well

Seamus likes this.
  9. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wort was another guy who played well, but had major disipline problems. As time goes by, I get more confident the players in question will get the message.

10. Collier11

STEP hates cleaning up

11. c11 hate birds as much as I do now

12. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Despite the penalties, I thought Wort played a pretty good game. think he finished with like 7 or 8 tackles, 1 for loss. Definitely look forward to what he can bring to the defense this season and the seasons to come.

What isn't good though is when both your CB's are the team leading tacklers :(

13. oumartin

oumartin New Member

I gotta tell ya, the last personal foul Wort got was BS. I saw their qb get lit up alot worse and closer to the helmet than wort was and not get called.

They are against Wort thats all it is. ;)

14. the refs hate the english

15. bent rider

bent rider New Member

ahem,
    Perhaps I misjudge, but he seemed very nonchalant about it. His body language and speech didn't give me a lot of confidence he was contrite and going to shape-up, but I guess he's a linebacker, not applying to be chief orator for the University. And, granted, there may be some explanation like it being the 1000th time he had been asked about the penalties. That's why I ask here.

16. Collier11

He doesnt need to be contrite to the media, he needs to fix the problem and play better

17. Collier11

you hate black people

18. yankee

yankee New Member

i hope we blow people out for the rest of the season and every part of the team plays perfectly...that way we don't have to have stupid threads popping up each week.

Collier11 likes this.
  19. The Ghost of Mex

The Ghost of Mex New Member

I love black people...just sayen'. I love all people.

20. ohh to be young again...my friend the threads would be even worse then