1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will the Mavs Choke in the Playoffs?

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by Octavian, Mar 28, 2007.

?

Can they finally win it all?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2007.
  1. Yep...it's their year - '07 NBA Champs

50.0%
  2. Nope...they'll choke it away somehow

50.0%
  1. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Looked like he was showing up Crawford. If it would have been Rasheed, no one would have thought it was crap. He was laughing at the ref, plain as day. Crawford is the wrong guy to do that to. Timmy is saying he didn't do anything, but would else do you expect.

He will probably be fined for saying this

2. sas

sas New Member

That's a Mav fan interpretation, plain as day. :D

3. colleyvillesooner

I watched the game with the remaing stragglers from my Bachelor Party, a few who were Mavs fans, and they thought Duncan was showing him up too.

asswich. :D

4. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
    Don't know who to believe.

Obviously, I think Timmy's a great player but has a tendency to whine from time to time.

That having been said, I don't think under any circumstances should a ref get so agitated that he challenge a player to a fight.

And Joey Crawford is a piece of sh** in my book, anyway.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]

5. sas

sas New Member

Wow.

DRUNK Mav fans.

That helps your case.:D

6. colleyvillesooner

Heh, I meant weren't Mavs fans.

7. colleyvillesooner

I doubt he meant "fight" as in physically throwdown.

8. GrapevineSooner

Physical or non-physical, it doesn't matter.

A game official in any sport shouldn't challenge a player like that.

Give him a warning, tell him 'if you don't stop laughing, you're headed for an early shower.'

What Joey did smacks of a temper tantrum fueled power trip.

9. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The whole world saw him say that Joe....newsflash, you are a piece of (expletive). I already wrote Stern about how Crawford represents the wrong side of his evil empire.

10. colleyvillesooner

Be sure and let us know what he says back. ;)

11. Scott D

If I get a reply I'd expect it to be "I'm glad you enjoy our league, and our officials are the best in the world at what they do." ;)

12. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hmm.. still, to get ejected from the bench you'd have to do some serious ****, unless the ref is singling you out. Tim whines, but he's by no means a trouble player, and that's something you reserve for trouble players like 'Sheed, etc.

Yet another story of a ref having too much of an impact on a game, IMO. I hope I'd say the same about Dirk, as well. I remember thinking AJ got a raw deal on all his early Ts.

13. Scott D

hah...Crawford under investigation based on his decision making (between 2003 playoffs and yesterday)

14. sas

sas New Member

According to local news, Tim has been ejected twice in 10 years.

both times by Crawford.

15. colleyvillesooner

From an espn article:

16. sas

sas New Member

So, what are the odds this one will be tossed also? I'd say pretty good given the audio that's available. Joey comes across like Tim gave him a wedgie.

Mav fans should be intimately familiar with how hot headed Joey is.

17. colleyvillesooner

Oh we are, after he tossed Nellie in SA for just standing there.

18. GrapevineSooner

Furthermore...

You know in light of this fact, I don't know why Spurs fans would have a problem with Joey. :D

19. sas

sas New Member

Well, for the same reason you sided against him in the first place. The dude is an a-hole regardless of batting average.

Same reason Lee Corso is an idiot even if he picks OU.

Same reason Mack is an idiot even if he beats OU.

Besides, the '99 series against the Knicks wasn't even a series, and it had nothing to do with biased calls.

20. GrapevineSooner

SAS, it was a joke. Probably a bad one I suppose. Just that while thinking about some of the past run-ins that the Mavs have had with him, I simply recalled that quote from Avery after his first career playoff game as a coach and I tried to work it into this conversation as a moment of levity.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lord David punish Joey by denying him the opportunity to officiate any playoff games. Not that I'm holding my breath for such an occurrence.

This all reminds me when Steve Javie told Pat Riley how much fun he thought it was that the Heat were sucking right before Riles retired as coach during his first go around in Miami.