1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Stoops offer Sam McGuffie?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by BASSooner, Feb 3, 2007.

1. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

What makes you think he won't? Texas doesn't want him and we are the best to offer. The RB position is no longer a 4 year job at OU and I'm sure Calhoun knew this since he did commit. Now a lot of you might say well that doesn't make sense because Murray will be starting later in the season. We won't know about that, however, we will see a LOT of rotation.

2. boomersooner28

boomersooner28 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

AND, we haven't mentioned injuries.

3. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

I personally would like to start landing some jaw-dropping defenseive guys instead of converting RBs and WRs to keep missing assignments and tackles.

4. insuranceman_22

insuranceman_22 New Member

I think Calhoun is a solid Sooner. As for Sam, he's probably heading North to Michigan. Oh well, you can't get them all.

goingoneight - I'm giving you a Amen! We need a few Hammers on the defensive side. Hammers that don't miss tackles and don't screw up their assignments. Looks like we've found a safety though, check out the video's on him, dude is a head-hunter.

5. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

Good stuff. A lot of people complain about poor tackling a lot, and if you'll notice, its generally guys like DJW and Lendy until they get settled in a game. They're come from offense, and they hit like they're run blocking. Not the same thing by a longshot. And you can tell by the look on their faces when they get burnt that way... they've learned and they're embarassed. Unfortunately it only takes a single bad tackle sometimes to put you in a hole. Like Washingtons wannabe running back gashing Keenan Clayton for 32 yards and a score on their first play IN NORMAN last year.

6. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

i'm not trying to bash BJW or anything, I do like the guy but I personally think that he needs several coaching and game play philosophies from Stoops.

7. snp

snp New Member

There's a funny rumor right now that the ND guys started that McGuffie is asking Charlie Weis if there's any room left. Reason being that the Michigan Scout guy (Beaver) is pretty well known for dirty recruiting players that Michigan and ND compete for. Pretty unprofessional for Beaver and he gets what is coming to him.

Looks like McGuffie is announcing July 22nd. A couple days after the TAMU camp. If he goes to the camp, A&M, otherwise I'm guessing Michigan and we can stop talking about this kid.

8. ou_football_fan

ou_football_fan New Member

You are right BASSooner, other schools competing with OU for Calhoun are nearly not as good. Calhoun might and should sign with us. However, my point was that with Calhoun in the roster, we will have 5 solid backs and dont need Sam McGuffie, especially since we will have big holes to fill on defense in the near future.

9. snp

snp New Member

Florida, LSU, Alabama, and FSU aren't too shabby.

10. PAW

PAW New Member

Yea, but there's only one . . . ;)

Big Red Ron likes this.
  11. trwxxa

trwxxa New Member

According to today's Houston Chronicle, McGuffie will make his announcement Sunday evening on a local news station.

The Chron lists his top 5 as aTm, Michigan, USC, Florida and the Domers

12. snp

snp New Member

As expected, he chose Michigan.

[​IMG]

13. insuranceman_22

insuranceman_22 New Member

Nice post Ninja, I haven't seen that one before, still laughing my *** off!

14. TMcGee86

TMcGee86 Well-Known Member

I cant understand why Texas didn't try to land him.

I live in Cypress and have heard some rumors but I dont want to spread anything so I wont elaborate, but did anyone hear as to why UT didn't seem interested?

Are they that loaded at RB? Or was there interest and I just didn't see it?

15. snp

snp New Member

Yea, they're pretty loaded right now. They have Tre Newton (3*) and Tony Hills (4*) in this class that are pure RBs. They also signed Desean Hales (4*) who could play RB at the next level although it's doubtful.

The year before they signed Foswhitt Whitaker (4*) and a great athlete who is currently on the QB depth chart, John Chiles (5*).

I also have a conspiracy theory that Mack hates to go after instate kids who are bound to go out of state. He acquired a couple good instate RBs this year early on and was done with it. The other two RBs committed back in February and McGuffie waited 6 months after that. Mack loves to use the deadline policy and won't offer a kid until he arrives on campus. I don't think McGuffie ever made it to Austin.

I'm curious to the rumors you're hearing since I wasn't aware of any animosity between McGuffie and Texas.

16. Jello Biafra

Jello Biafra New Member

who knew whittaker was an actor as well as a 4 star recruit football player??? *raises hand*

17. Seamus

Seamus New Member

He was a 5-star linebacker at Ridgemont High:

[​IMG]

Supposedly, he had some really fast times in the 40.

Ardmore_Sooner and Rhino like this.
  18. soonerboomer93

soonerboomer93 Dirty bastard

Ridgemont has a couple stellar kids in the 4:20 range

19. TMcGee86

TMcGee86 Well-Known Member

McGuffie suffered a high ankle sprain in his first game and is out for probably a few weeks more.

However, the talk on the radio here in Houston is that now Mack is hitting him hard and that his commit was soft to Michigan to begin with and it most definitely soft now that Michigan stands to lose their HC and OC, who he was close to.

I think he ends up at Texas.

20. sooner518

sooner518 New Member

well geez, I cant blame anyone for not wanting to go to Michigan now