1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whorn's Winning Streak

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by StoopTroup, Jan 5, 2006.

1. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Currently 20 I believe....

For those who were worried about the suc streak...this new on must stop.

I bring this up because this must stop by at least 10-7-06.

It would seem that only Ohio State is the only possibility for a whorn defeat, before 10-7-06, and to put an end to this small asian bird flu-like plague that has recently begun to spread.

[​IMG]

2. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I thought everybody around here wanted Texas to have a really long winning streak. :confused:

3. sas

sas New Member

yeah..........that's it.........:rolleyes:

4. Harry Beanbag

Must be. The Rose Bowl was a choice on who we wanted to have the long streak. Many here chose Texas with glee. :texan:

5. sas

sas New Member

Well I think there are degrees on both sides of the fence.

I wish both could lose. Not a possibility.

Glee never entered the equation.

6. BermudaSooner

BermudaSooner Well-Known Member

I prefer a streak that we have the opportunity to stop to one that we wouldn't get a chance to stop until it was at 47. I also like the number 20 better than the number 35.

7. Harry Beanbag

If Vince comes back, get ready for Texas being at 34 a year from now.

8. sas

sas New Member

already conceding october?

And I'M the one that got called a bad fan.;)

9. Harry Beanbag

I'm just being realistic. Sure we have a chance to beat them, but the odds would be infinitely better if he's not there.

I never called you or anybody a bad fan, I just think some people were being a little short-sighted in their reasoning.

10. sas

sas New Member

We pushed UT this year. Youth and inexperience caused OU to fall apart. Next year I expect to take it to the wire. Vince or no.

11. Harry Beanbag

:confused:

12. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If VY is Superman,then it is time to break out the Crimson Kryptonite.

13. sas

sas New Member

we were in the game for quite some time. Poor excecution and youth allowed the game to get out of hand. Late score before the half was a serious killer.

14. Harry Beanbag

That game was over after Charles' long *** TD run in the 1st quarter. The only thing we did well in that game was contain Vince's rushing.

15. sas

sas New Member

there was a hold on that play that should have brought it back.

Bomar was just finding himself and the receivers couldn't catch crap.

I expect next year to be different.

16. Harry Beanbag

So?

I expect we'll be better at most positions, but so will Texas. They were a far superior team this year.

People that blindly say we'll kick their *** next year, Bob owns Mack, etc. are just whistling past the graveyard.

17. #1 SOONER FAN

#1 SOONER FAN New Member

I expect the boys to beat Texas every year, this year we were too young and hurt, next year, we'll drub them with or without Vince in the line up.

18. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

I plan on being cautiously optimistic about next years RRS. First, we need to see if VY stays or goes. What kind of o-line players are we gonna get/develop? Then we'll see how we are during spring ball. Will there be any crucial injuries? How will we do against Oregon? How will texass do agains tOSU?

These are the kinds of things that need to sort themselves out before any of us can make an accurate prediction.
    I will say this though... if neither tOSU or us beat them next year, I'm afraid they will be at 34 this time next year.

19. soonerlaw

soonerlaw New Member

Very good points. I think we will be MUCH better next year, but Texas was damnright dominating this year. If VY stays, they may continue that regardless of what other positions they need to fill.

20. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

you guys realize that they have to play ohio state again this year and that they are ranked RIGHT behind them if VY stays...