1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats Yall's thots on Trump skippin?

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by olevetonahill, Jan 28, 2016.

1. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Help him?
    Hurt him?
    Wont make a difference ?

2. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Welp, since his event is about two miles from my house and two
    mile from the debate, I'll offer a left of center viewpoint...reminds
    me of a bully that got punched by who he was bullying and ran
    away from the fight. The loyal Trump people will mostly go to his
    event, the Indies and moderate Pubs will go to the debate. A poll
    being conducted by one of the TV stations is showing more want
    him to attend than not. I think it'll hurt him with the Indies and
    moderate Pubs...he'll likely get beat up and made fun of tonight
    by the other candidates, which will ignite his Twitter account and
    he'll just garner more attention so that will help him with his loyal
    followers. Have to hand it to him, he has turned the GOP on its
    ear.....

3. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I believe he thought Kelly would just try to screw with him like she did in the last debate she hosted. It is hard to predict the support change outcome from his declining to attend. But, it is interesting to note that Trump is the only candidate I've ever witnessed in my life who doesn't let the Media control him. I don't believe it will hurt Trump with as many folks as Rock On would like. I do believe he is the most electable candidate on the republican side.

4. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He keeps things entertaining, that's for sure. Hard to predict how it will impact polling numbers since it is an unusual tactic. Clearly, the other candidates will attack him vigorously as they are guaranteed to get the last word. But they run the risk of people forgetting any policy or other remarks of substance. That could back fire and just put the spotlight on Trump and put the whole debate thing in the background. It may end up just being a ratings thing and if the viewer rating numbers are down from previous debates, that could be interpreted as a Trump win by those on the fence.

Part of me thinks this may be the self-sabotage move I've been expecting from Trump that gives him reason to bow out of this thing.

5. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Please explain the self-sabotage/bow out, that you speak of.

6. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Imma gonna miss his antics.

Hope someone displays his twitter messages as the debate goes along.

He has high entertainment value. Low substance value.

5-0

7. BoulderSooner79

That's just me. I've just had this doubt in my mind since day one that Trump is not really serious about winning the election and this whole thing has gone further than he imagined. Boycotting this debate seems like a risk he has no reason to take given his strong poll numbers, so what's the motive? And picking a fight with Fox seems like biting down with with teeth bared on momma's teet. I just don't get it.

8. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Why does he need to go to the stupid debate? He has been in the others, if people don't know what he stands for by now, they are likely dead, just arrived on the planet or only care about their immediate life and don't use much technology. He continues to run to his own tune, gets free press and all the attention he could ever want. Brilliant move and scheduling a Vet dealio at the same time only makes the stupid debate less important.

9. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Megyn Kelly(or even the FOXNEWS channel) as Trump's momma is a strange position to take, but maybe not for a liberal. The template suggest that since she works for FOXNEWS she's gonna be either fair of even favorable to republicans. Podnah, it ain't so. There are commentators on FOXNEWS that have been liberals(likely democrats) for at least as long as they have been on the network: Geraldo Rivera, Bob Beckel, Juan Williams, Alan Colmes, Shep Smith, and people who are at least sometimes liberals such as Bill O'Reilly and Greta VanSusteren. So,the casting of FOXNEWS as favorable to conservatives or even ANY republicans, is a dubious position to take.

10. BoulderSooner79

That may be true for a single debate or a single commentator such as Megan Kelly. But I'm talking big picture and Fox will be 100% behind the Republican nominee and 100% against the Democratic nominee once the primary is settled.

11. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

One would not expect ANY commentator/moderator from any TV network on any democrat primary presidential debate to try to personally destroy(eliminate the candidacy of) any candidate from the democrat party.

Most conservatives would not expect, nor want to see that being attempted to any candidate in the republican race either, especially by a member of the only network that is not thought to be openly hostile to republicans.

12. olevetonahill

Just My Opinion. But it seems like those on the far Left expect him to Implode and those on the Far right expect him to flourish. I think he will survive just fine. and actually improve over this.
    If you are invited to a gun fight and you can olny bring a Single shot why would you go if you know theres going to be a Machine gun there?

Kelly sandbagged him in the 1st debate why should he expect anything different here?

13. olevetonahill

"IF" this blows up on Fox, then watch Trump own em from here on

14. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

I believe he's the most electable of the republicans. Prolly Cruz would be the best president, but Trump would possibly be a decent or good one as well, and he's more electable.

15. olevetonahill

Trump comes across as an Idiot, But hell hes running a bigger business than the the fed now LOL

He gets My vote over the Bitch and the Leninist!

16. olevetonahill

Screw it the Man hit it out the Park IMHO