1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Year Did They Stop Putting Cocaine In Coke?

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by SoonerBK, Aug 10, 2011.

1. SoonerBK

SoonerBK New Member

Answer: 1903

Coca-Cola did once contain an estimated nine milligrams of cocaine per glass but after 1903 Coca-Cola started using, instead of fresh leaves, "spent" leaves - the leftovers of the cocaine-extraction process with cocaine trace levels left over at a molecular level. However, as cocaine is one of numerous alkaloids present in the coca leaf, it was nevertheless present in the drink. Today, the flavoring is still done with kola nuts and the "spent" coca leaf. In the United States, there is only one plant in New Jersey authorized by the Federal Government to grow the coca plant for Coca-Cola syrup manufacture.

That's What's up.

2. saucysoonergal

saucysoonergal SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No wonder I like it so much! ;)

3. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

Al Sharpton still spikes his coke, I see!
    :O

4. saucysoonergal

saucysoonergal SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Tawana Brawley disagrees. ;)

5. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've always wished I could try Mariani's Coca Wine. Red wine and coca extract. THAT would have been one tangy beverage.

And perfect for hangover Sundays!

6. En_Fuego

En_Fuego New Member

7-Up use to contain lithium...."Make 7-Up Your's"

7. CowboyMRW

CowboyMRW Wrestling is OSU

It's cool that Pepsi is doing the throwbacks with the real sugar and all but I just hope that Coke does a throwback with real cocaine. Then we will really be partying!

SoonerofAlabama likes this.